Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've replaced everything this and the wiring is my last step I bout both half shafts off of 3sx but that part between the drivers side shaft and the tranny is about half and inch befor it'll bolt up I don't know if the part between there is that much shorter on a manual than an auto? I guess is the question it won't quit go all the way in

·
Flasher
9,654 Posts
I've replaced everything this and the wiring is my last step I bout both half shafts off of 3sx but that part between the drivers side shaft and the tranny is about half and inch befor it'll bolt up I don't know if the part between there is that much shorter on a manual than an auto? I guess is the question it won't quit go all the way in
yeah I want to say I had to replace that shaft. All I can remember is trying to shorten the end of a shaft but I don't remember if it worked or not. Hopefully someone else chimes in.

·
Registered
7 Posts
To those who are wondering, to bypass the neutral safety switch connect pins 8 and 9 on the shift control solenoid valve connector (used to plug into automatic trans, its a 2 pin by 6 pin). For the reverse lights, its pin 10 and 11 on the same one.

just incase look at the "starting" section in the electrical service manual

·
Registered
2 Posts
It can be done without too much more effort than swapping your auto tranny. There is a write up on the process. I can send you a copy if you give me your email address or you can find the link on this board.

I was going to do it to my sons 99 SL, but he sold it and bought a C5 Corvette 6-speed. Drilling the clutch hole in the firewall is the most awkward maneuver. The rest is straight forward mechanical work and some minor rewiring for the tranny reverse light switch.

I still have some of the parts required: clutch pedal ,brake pedal, accelerator pedal assembly, gear shifter and cable, manual transmission dust plate, I think I have the clutch master and slave cylinders with cables, too. I put the F5m33 tranny in another car, though.

Send me a pm if you want to discuss.
It can be done without too much more effort than swapping your auto tranny. There is a write up on the process. I can send you a copy if you give me your email address or you can find the link on this board.

I was going to do it to my sons 99 SL, but he sold it and bought a C5 Corvette 6-speed. Drilling the clutch hole in the firewall is the most awkward maneuver. The rest is straight forward mechanical work and some minor rewiring for the tranny reverse light switch.

I still have some of the parts required: clutch pedal ,brake pedal, accelerator pedal assembly, gear shifter and cable, manual transmission dust plate, I think I have the clutch master and slave cylinders with cables, too. I put the F5m33 tranny in another car, though.

Hi there can you send me the link to my email how to swap a 3000gt SL automatic to a manual.. My bf is trying figure out how to do it for a kid. [email protected] thank you

·
Registered
2 Posts

Hi my name is danielle. My bf is trying to do a 3000gt SL swap automatic to a manual for a kid. Can you send it to my email please [email protected]

·
Senior **i.e. OLD** Member
13,415 Posts
Danielle, first off a lot of the ATX to Manual conversions were done long ago, and posted before we swapped over to this new site a couple of years ago. The search function is not nearly as good now, and unfortunately, a lot of the pictures in these threads are lost due to image sites changing policies about FREE pictures.

I did a bit of searching and this was the best I could find:

Maybe someone will chime in with something better...

Bob.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts