Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
tUrBo aDDicT
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, s-afc allows you to select what kind of signal your car uses. I was think maybe I can use MAP sensor direct from manifold pressure and wire it thru s-afc then i can eleminate my stock MAS.

One possible problem, it might put out different signal when select different sensor type and ECU cannot read it.

Any comments?

·
AEM Veteran
2,061 Posts
Can't do it. All the SAFC does is modify a signal; it can't "translate" from one signal type to another.

- Brian

·
Twin Power Pellets
9,372 Posts
hrmm...

has anyone tried this?

will the S-AFC allow you to use the MAP instead of the MAF?

Maybe it doesn't need to be translated... because the signal that the S-AFC returns will be enough under the MAP settings...

i just want to ask... if it wouldn't work.. is there a good reason why it 'wouldn't'?

·
You break em, we fix em
1,266 Posts
It will NOT work. Even if your were to add a map sensor, like say a 3 BAR one from a Grand National...The SAFC would still only output a modified MAP sensor signal, not a Karman Hz signal which is all your ECU will understand. The solution is a VPC, which provides the map sensors (temp and pressure) and does this conversion....You can get a used VPC for like $600 if you look hard enough.

·
You break em, we fix em
1,266 Posts
No, the ARC unit comes with its own slightly larger MAS, does not eliminate it.

·
You break em, we fix em
1,266 Posts
I have had no problems with the VPC, I love it and highly recommend it. Jack ran his record times with a VPC....

·
Registered
5,040 Posts
my advice having run one -

run 550's and get a vpc 550 chip.

I ran 450's with a 360 chip and an SAFC for tuning

It sucked.

Get 550's and a 550 chip.

It's a good thing too, cause that MAF that is stock- will limit you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.