Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, the only reason I like the Stealth styling more than the Mitsu is the roofline. The Stealth has a flowing line from the hood to the rear. The Mitsu cuts down early and makes a sharp line similar to a Firebird. I believe the moulding at the rear of both cars is just a plastic piece. Would it be possible to remove the piece from a VR4, install a Stealth moulding (or fabricate a special one), fix the paint, and convert to a smooth roofline? Does anyone know what I'm trying to say?

I've had more luck finding VR4s but REALLY want the Stealth roofline. Sounds like a stupid detail but if I'm going to make the investment, I want what I want. Besides, it'd be one helluva thing to try. Any advice, details, or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

·
Me Tarzan..u Jane
4,002 Posts
its probably possible to change it but it is more that just changing a peice of plastic the stealths have the triangler rear window directly next to the door window and is separated from the rear hatch by the C pillar (rear peice of plastic) where the rear window is connected to the hatch on the 3000GT. So I'm not sure if the frame supports running up to the roof are the same. But it would probably take a good bit of work to actually do it.

·
Just Bring It
2,835 Posts
I am pretty sure that It can not be dont without cutting the frame. The frame is built a smidge differently. The part where the 3000GT roofline cuts down(the sail panel and the fake window) covers metal. Wheras on a Steath, there is less metal, and more glass.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Hey Damon, I will do the swap with my Stealth,

I sent you a private message to your 3si account.

so tell me when you want to do it.

I am storing my car for the winter, so.

·
very knowledged
496 Posts
i hope theres no mods im converting my 94 stealth to 99 3000gt styled ones next week, email me ill let you know how it goes and what you need since im gonna be taking it all off

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I walked in to a Mitsu service dept today and got a closer look at a 3000GT. Didn't realize that the interior is molded to match the exterior panel. I guess the conversion could probably be done but it would look awkward from the inside unless you do some MAJOR work. I didn't realize the frame itself was different on the two cars. (sigh) I guess I'll have to keep searching for a Stealth I can afford. I have to finance and dealers don't have TTs very often. Any advice to a young guy looking for his first sweet ride? I've been following this forum for months and just recently registered as a member. You guys are great, ver helpful and knowledgable.

·
very knowledged
496 Posts
yeah i have a stealth and i have a 3000gt. i plan on converting the stealth to the 99 sail styles behind the window the interior panel im not to sure if you have to change that yet. like i said im going to do it so gimmie a week, also when i do convert it i will have the parts available if you want them.

ohh and good luck finding a 94+ rt/tt very very hard.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I think it would be easier to get a stealth and convert the front, sides and rear to a 3000GT....just a thought

1 - 8 of 8 Posts