Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey. I am considering a VR-4. How are the repair bills? I used to own a Nissan 300zx TT, and the repair bills were horrible because of engine space, or lack of. To do any major work they had to pull the engine. Also, what years are the best? I was thinking 1994 would be best because of the weight/hp.

Could someone please post a pic of the engine bay?
Also, are there any good tuners available in Pasadena/Los Angeles area?

Thanks guys.

I am considering an LS-1 T/A or a VR-4. I own a Nissan s14 and was going to do a SR20DET swap, but I don't really want to put the money into it, just for it to be illegal.

·
Baka! Baka! Baka! Baka!
1,107 Posts
The VR-4 is great, but just like your previous 300ZXTT, the engine bay is packed pretty tight and repair costs are very high :( But it is all more than worth it :)

V

·
0 Posts
Dude,
if you live in Los Angeles Area,you are very lucky.There is a very
famous tuner for 3/S cars. It's GT PRO.You might want to check
their web site out at www.gtpro.com

The best year for a VR-4 is off course a 99 model,but it cost a
load...;) :) But,94 is also a good choice.It has all the electronic
goodies in it(ECS,Active Exhaust,Aero,AWS,etc).

·
Registered
402 Posts
Repair Costs

Repair costs on these cars are high - don't think it's so much the lack of space as is the fact that these cars weren't exactly produced in large numbers - thus parts are what really dips into your wallet.

Just my observation.

Lee

·
Registered
871 Posts
I repair my own, its easy to work on. I have a 91 tt, but used to have a 92 3k sl, and it had 140,xxx miles with no prob

·
Registered
461 Posts
DragonReborn214 said:

I am considering an LS-1 T/A or a VR-4.

I have both (2001 WS6 and 1992 VR4)

I can tell you that the 92 VR4 has a tighter feel than the brand new car. But stock for stock, the T/A will eat the VR4s ass in a straight line. Twisties might be a different story. Modded with equal amount of $$$, they are probably a pretty even match. But for the amount a 98+ T/A will cost (15K - 30K) you can buy and mod one hella fast VR4.

·
It's like that
2,759 Posts
On the topic of repairs, can you guys give some cars that have similiar repair bills and/or yearly/monthly/whatever maintinence costs? I'd appreciate it and I think some others would too.

·
chunsangp
3,556 Posts
I would look for 94 and up. Watch out for tranny..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts