Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Conquest Tsi / 3000 hy-bred

What do you guys think about the Conquest tsi, And the mitsubishi Starion ?!? I use to have a tsi when I was 18, like 10 years ago, And I thought it was the coolest thing.

But now 10 years later I have my 3kgt, and i love it of course, but a couple guys around here have Tsi's because there cheap and shit, (like 3 or 4 grand) And I didnt know this before but the conquest, and starion are 4cyl. 2.6l eci engines, with turbo, intercooler,etc... Some guys are boosting upto 15psi and i guess the cars (according to them) haul ass, there RWD of course.

So any thoughts on this, How much HP do these little cars make ?!
And could one at 15psi take a N/a Dohc stock 3000 ?

what is there power to weight ratio ?!

Theres a guy on ebay tha dropped a 350 in one, thats just plain crazy, but if i didnt live in a emission crazy state I'd like it.

Anyways Im thinking gas milage must be good, its a 4 banger, and Im also thinking that a 2.6 f banger isnt tooo far away than a 3.0 6cylinder, how do the two cars compare in HP, seeing as how the 2.6 has a turbo and intercooler ?!

I wanna get one of there for a project, to bad the interior is so damn ugly. looks like a square box.

need advice, can these cars really hold there own ?!? Thanks all??
Oh, and had anyone ever raced one ?!? Theres a guy who claims 13.3 on a mild modded one.

·
Registered
5,040 Posts
Turbo dodge doesn't have anything on that- it's not a turbo dodge- it was an import for dodge.

you want a star/quest site- I don't remember any- however since my cousin wanted to be different- he bought one- we've got a ton done, and are designing some interesting stuff for that market. There is a lot of potential- but the TBI setup sucks arse.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
3000gt / conquest

If I go this way maybe I could have the best of both....

!! Opinions !!!

Oh, I can see a nice Ricer thread brewin.......

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have always had a soft spot for StarQuests. I LOVE those fat fenders! I used to have two ’86 ESIRs and one ’88 that I bought just to part out and use some parts for my TR7 project. I also helped Bruce K rebuild Eric’s old 4G63 powered Starion and had a chance to make some 11 sec passes with it.

They are gorgeous cars which handle rather well but have several inherent problems:

1. 2.6l engines… You can make them fairly fast, but it is MUCH more difficult than with other Mitsu motors. In stock form, those engines love to blow head gaskets and crack heads…
2. Bodies that prone to rust (not an issue if you do not live in a snow belt)
3. Heavy weight: 3100 lbs or about the same as AWD DSM.

Now I know how relatively easy it is to adapt a 4G63 motor in it, I would think that this is the perfect motor for a StarQuest...

Another interesting side note. 3000GT was a replacement for Starion and not Eclipse, as many people think.

Leon
RR

·
THE MAN, THE AMERICAN
2,015 Posts
http://www.starquestclub.com/

Lotsa good information there. The cars have real potential, but you have to remember they're running on 80s technology (primitive fuel injection, etc). I co-own an 87 Tsi and it's a lot of fun, love the body, gadgets, and RWD. My friend is more into the cars than I am, but while you can do a lot with them and feel like they pack a real punch, their actual performance numbers aren't quite as fast as the 3S, and the realistic mods don't do tons for them. They do have their problems and such, but overall are a fun experience.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts