Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Congratulations to our March 2013 ROTM Winner Brad "westcott" Westcott !

He'll receive a one year paid membership to 3Si, and a $20 Gift Certificate from 3SX Performance! :D

Be sure to check out his garage: westcott's Garage :: NOTELLN

·
3SWiki.org
9,720 Posts
Congrats Brad!

·
Verified Seller
4,431 Posts
I can not truly express my deep gratitude to ALL those who voted for March 2013 Ride of the Month. My car would probably not be still on the road today if it were not for all those most gifted 3S enthusiasts on this forum that I have had the pleasure to share my love for this platform over the past two decades. Your help has been invaluable and I could not have kept her alive all these years without it.

Thank you all very much!

·
Verified Seller
4,431 Posts
Congratulations!
Congrats Brad!
Congrats westcott
Congrats!! Which one of those guys are you? haha!
Looks really good...nice to see a clean 3s.. and original owner too...now thats 3s love!
Thank you guys! As you all know, a 3S can be a love\hate relationship. But, it is great to see that all my hard work is appreciated.

·
Verified Seller
4,431 Posts
I've got a story for you. This story pretty much sums up why I choose to participate in a forum like 3Si. I recently did an under hood restoration recently. I started a thread logging all the parts with photos, how they are mounted, and all the associated bolts. I wanted to keep it as original as possible, with the exception of some serviceable components. Well, it did not take long at all before I was getting a lot of helpful information on products\vendors, tips, and gotchas. I made a lot of new friends, in a very short period of time. I have met 6 new members in my area in person. And many others that live scattered across this nation.

Well, after publishing some of the last engine bay photos, one of the forum members suggested that I get an aluminium oil cap to finish off the engine bay. Something with a blue accent to set off the other blue components. I said that would be great and I moved on with the rest of our conversation when I had mentioned to one of them that I had to renew my drivers license when I went to get the car registered and inspected. Grandpa Poser had properly deduced that it was my birthday, hence the need to renew.

Well Granpa Poser and Djmba "conspired" a plan. They went about exchanging ideas, suppliers, design, material, colors, etc. I get a PM from GP telling me he sent something. Wouldn't say what. Now I like surprises, so I did not press him as to what it was.

Just that moment my wife walks in the house with the mail. Now the mail box is a central one, down the street (government cost cutting at its best). So, we do not get the mail every day. Not even every week. All my bills are paid on line so any mail is usually stuff I do not want or do not need anyway. But this a story unto itself for a later date.

I open the package and Granda Poser has enclosed an aluminum oil cap and a set of snap ring pliers for Djmba. GP remembered that Djmba was stuck one night trying to get his turbos back together and did not have the right snap ring pliers. I went to thank GP via PM and proceeded to contact Djmba to let him know that I would deliver them when I brought back a wiring harness and helped with his turbo upgrade later and meet Lunchbox too! Djmba had no idea that GP was going to gift him the snap pliers and I did not know they were a gift to Djmba until I spoke with Dj.

So thank you GP, Djmba, and everyone else on this forum that I have had the pleasure of befriending on this forum. You are why I am here.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

·
Verified Seller
3,988 Posts
THAT CAME OUT AWESOME!!! I did take part in the "conspiring", as you put it. But I mainly just provided some ideas and your address. GP was the mastermind behind everything, while I was the henchman. There won't be any other 3S out there with that cap. A truly unique piece and will always give you a story to tell.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Haha Just when I was revisiting to take a 2nd look and was about to ask you about the oil cap before reading your story. I still went through each picture one by one like the first time =)

·
Premium Member
1,712 Posts
I've got a story for you. This story pretty much sums up why I choose to participate in a forum like 3Si. I recently did an under hood restoration recently. I started a thread logging all the parts with photos, how they are mounted, and all the associated bolts. I wanted to keep it as original as possible, with the exception of some serviceable components. Well, it not take long at all before I was getting a lot of helpful information on products\vendors, tips, and gotchas. I made a lot of new friends, in a very short period of time. I have met 6 new members in my area in person. And many others that live scattered across this nation.

Well, after publishing some of the last engine bay photos, one of the forum members suggested that I get an aluminium oil cap to finish off the engine bay. Something with a blue accent to set off the other blue components. I said that would be great and I moved on with the rest of our conversation when I had mentioned to one of them that I had to renew my drivers license when I went to get the car registered and inspected.

Well Granpa Poser and Djmba "conspired" a plan. They went about exchanging ideas, suppliers, design, material, colors, etc. I get a PM from GP telling me he sent something. Wouldn't say what. Now I like surprises, so I did not press him as to what it was.

Just that moment my wife walks in the house with the mail. Now the mail box is a central one, down the street (government cost cutting at its best). So, we do not get the mail every day. Not even every week. All my bills are paid on line so any mail is usually stuff I do not want or do not need anyway. But this a story unto itself for a later date.

I open the package and Granda Poser has enclosed an aluminum oil cap and a set of snap ring pliers for Djmba. GP remembered that Djmba was stuck one night trying to get his turbos back together and did not have the right snap ring pliers. I went to thank GP via PM and proceeded to contact Djmba to let him know that I would deliver them when I brought back a wiring harness and helped with his turbo upgrade later and meet Lunchbox too! Djmba had no idea that GP was going to gift him the snap pliers and I did not know they were a gift to Djmba until I spoke with Dj.

So thank you GP, Djmba, and everyone else on this forum that I have had the pleasure of befriending on this forum. You are why I am here.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
Im kinda late but congrats and great story....kinda refurbishes my faith in mankind;)

·
Verified Seller
4,431 Posts
Haha Just when I was revisiting to take a 2nd look and was about to ask you about the oil cap before reading your story. I still went through each picture one by one like the first time =)
I won't tell you how many times I have gone through the pictures.

I am hoping Grandpa Poser will fill us all in on who made the custom oil cap and how he and Djmba finalized on a design.

·
In a metal band with JCVD
1,761 Posts
Well deserved to one of the best members I've had the pleasure of talking to, I wish we had more like yourself. And you are one of two maybe three original owners I am aware of, very cool!

·
Verified Seller
4,431 Posts
He's definitely the middle one.
My wife just said that I am the one on the right....smiled...............and did this "thing" with her finger as she left the room!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts