Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And all of you thought I was out of the game.... :suspect: :cool2:
First of all I would like to send out a big thanks to:

Dynamic Racing for all the parts(90% of all the parts came from them)
3sx for all the other parts
Alteredatmosphere for the fuel system
John Reed of R/Rev Prior TorqueFreaks tuner for all the great tuning.
The 3SI member that sold me on the conversion bolts for the rear sub-frame
Sorry I forgot your name brutha!
My buddy Blake for making a 99 SL wire harness for fit the AEM and look stock.
Ryan Cianci

The car:
99 SL converted to AWD .......SL-4.......
DR-1000 turbo kit
1000cc injectors
J&E pistons CROWER rods(stock bore)
DR stage III heads 1mm oversized valves....you know the drill
DR race grind cams(still making power of 7K thank you!!!!)
ACPT CF drive shaft
KORMEX 5spd with LSD
RPS carbon/carbon PRO-Series clutch
Aeromotive fuel pump(A1000) Alteredatmosphere fuel system
AP racing BIG BRAKE kit
AEM EMS
JAPAN made intake(shortrunners) with Q45 90mm throtle body(I can get more of these for $1100 if anyone is interested. PITROADM stuff)
PITROADM titainium exhaust
TEIN FLEX suspension

We did a DYNO pull at 26psi and made 636WHP WITH THE HOOD CLOSED!!! ON pump at only 14psi it made 478WHP!!!!! We have a good pump tune up to 17psi. NO METH or additives. DUE to my problems with the sensitivity of the clutch I cut a 2.3 60ft and ran a 12.7 at 120mph. With a trap like that and a 1.8 60ft(usually comes easy to us racers) I would have been in the 11s for sure. Hopefully I can get the clutch worked out good and turn the boost up. The clutch drives like stock on the street. The battery is located in the stock position and still uses the window washer tank. Crash bar is still installed. Basically this car is just like stock......BUT NOT!!!

Congrats to ERU for letting me build his car. :beer: :beer: :beer:

Gus//

·
twc4life
1,519 Posts
"out of the game..."

no way Gus, with your toys and Japan connection I'm sure people knew you up to something. saw Eru started posting again recently and in a thread someone asked him if he owned the high HP sl car but not sure if Eru ever responded.

impressive numbers, congrats to the both of you. his car looked great as a sl i'm sure it's badass now with the gus makeover. :D

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
HOWFAST said:
JAPAN made intake(shortrunners) with Q45 90mm throtle body(I can get more of these for $1100 if anyone is interested. PITROADM stuff)

ON pump at only 14psi it made 478WHP!!!!!

Gus//

Yummmmy

HOWFAST said:

Gus//
Pics and details plz

·
"The Fisherman"
11,787 Posts
^wow. Edit those fockers :p

Nice job Gus!!! Way to go Eru! I'd convert to AWD if I knew it was unbreakable (hint: come on Ray and Sean (NoCar)!!!!), but we're just not there yet. Too much to risk for me :p

just awesome. PICS

·
Premium Member
2,755 Posts
wow putting down some very nice numbers, i'd hate to run into you on the streets thinking your an SL ;) i would then follow you whatever distance is necessary to make you pop the hood

very nice man, keep it clean, and even more importantly keep it running ;)

·
Formerly Carnage VR4
5,285 Posts
Nice job, I'd love to see pics. And the dyno chart as well, though. ;)

-Matt

·
Registered
847 Posts
Here is a DiVX-encoded video of Gus running the car last night. I don't have any high quality pics yet of the car. I'll take some this weekend.

http://www.hawaii3s.com/aaron/3000gt/2006-01-20/sl4_003-divx311.avi

John, the tuner, has to upload the dyno chart to us so right now neither gus nor I have it.

The car appears rather 'sleeper'-like from the outside if you look past the FMIC, the big-ass titanium exhaust tips, and the low hanging rather obvious built-up fuel system. Instead of "SL" on the sail panels, it says "SL-4" as well as my license plate, "SL-4".

The interior of the car will make your mouth drop... :)

·
Premium Member
6,598 Posts
Hey ERU what FMIC are you running??? Kinda curious since it let you keep 99 fogs.

·
Registered
17,590 Posts
Eru, I remember saying a long time ago you didn't spend money wisely (yeah, yeah, I was being a douche) ... THAT is money well spent!!! :D Congrats! I want to see some video of that thing on the highway!!!

:bigthumb:

That engine bay is busy as hell and LOOKS like it was just put together, but I love it. I can just imagine the stupid little problems Gus had to fight through to get this car done... and then it PUT OUT! I also love the fact that the car still has A/C! That's freakin' bad ass.

*drool*

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
StealthRTSC said:
is your EGT Probe and Bung broken off? Looks like its broken....
It's the weld job on the headers. Kind of removes coating.

I need to clean the engine bay up yes I know. Wanted to get the test and tuning done first.....

It was a pain to keep everything stock looking but worth it on the end results. The car drives like a stock SL......UNTIL you punch it!!!!!!

Adam clean out your PM box. I tried to get you to PM me your number again. My phone kind of broke.

Gus//

·
Registered
17,590 Posts
HOWFAST said:
Adam clean out your PM box. I tried to get you to PM me your number again. My phone kind of broke.

Gus//

Hey Gus, I had no idea that I could only store 30 messages in my PM box, people kept telling me to clear it and I was like, "But I only have 66 messages..??" ... haha... Anyway, there's plenty of space now.

Again, great work!! Makes me even sadder that you parted out your BAD ASS STEALTH :(

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.