Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
1997 3000GT VR-4
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyoe have a clue about how to go about hooking up a laptop computer to a 3000GT to monitor the boost, rpm's, etc? I was thinking instead of blowing all this money on boost gauges and controllers and such-- it would be cooler and easier to just have a laptop with some sick program to monitor everything. Is this possible? Is there such programs? Please help me-- any info will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
VR4 Member
1,877 Posts
its called a datalogger. www.tmo.com

that should help you out. there are some other ones too.

·
resident evil
17,080 Posts
Use a PLC with windows based trending software like PLC-Direct stuff (cheap). You get a plc that matches the number of input and outputs you want to monitor and then you have to know a little programming if you want to make virtual gauges for viewing. If you wanted to go expensive, you could get some Allen Bradley touch screens with monitoring software and you could make a mock replica of your car and just touch different areas to get the info. I do this for a living, but its very expensive equipment if you do it right. Alot easier to buy something like the HKS CAMP system that is made for this purpose or buy Apex equipment and its sort of made like that also. Either way, gauges are more useful and user friendly, or all the race guys would be using integrated stuff.

Sam

1 - 3 of 3 Posts