Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Dope-stoopid yo!
3,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I'm surfing the net through pics on sites such as ebay, trader online, and any site such as those, the back button dissappears. What I mean is that after going back and forth it finally fades to where I can't go back anymore. I have to close the browser and open it back up. Why is this?

·
perpetual college student
3,903 Posts
If you mean it does that in a new "pop up window", it is because that was the "first" browser window that came up, sort of like the "start page" for that window, so there is nothing to go "back" to; therefore there is no "back" arrow.

If, however, it is always on the same browser window (a new window doesn't pop up when you click the link), then it should have a back arrow anytime you go "forward" to a new spot.

·
Dope-stoopid yo!
3,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
billvp said:
If you mean it does that in a new "pop up window", it is because that was the "first" browser window that came up, sort of like the "start page" for that window, so there is nothing to go "back" to; therefore there is no "back" arrow.

If, however, it is always on the same browser window (a new window doesn't pop up when you click the link), then it should have a back arrow anytime you go "forward" to a new spot.
No new pop-up windows. I understand what you're saying, but it's just one window. And it always does this when I go back and forth to look at another pic. That's why I'm puzzled.

·
Large Member
6,164 Posts
I know what you mean.. it happens to me sometimes.. what browser are you using? I think Netscape does that more then IE.

·
Dope-stoopid yo!
3,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm using IE, just upgraded a while back, don't rmember what version. I fuckin' hate Netscape!

·
Grrr, baby, grrr
6,118 Posts
Does the back button disappear, or just became insensitive....

·
Dope-stoopid yo!
3,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
akira410 said:
Does the back button disappear, or just became insensitive....
There you go, insensitive. I was trying to find a word for it.

·
Grrr, baby, grrr
6,118 Posts
I do not really have much of an explaination of why it happens, other than saying it happens sometimes. It happens in Netscape, too. It's really annoying. I usually right click and select "open link in new window" :p

·
Dope-stoopid yo!
3,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, I do that too, but it doesn't last too long doing it that way. So, I close and open from my desktop. It lasts a while that way.

·
your mom
303 Posts
Girl always calls me "insensitive" but then she kicks me in the nuts. After about 10 minutes of rolling around on the floor all is well for 2 weeks to a month. Kick your computer in the nuts, just be sure you don't need to use it for a few minutes.

·
Arizona Cardinals
857 Posts
It is possible, via javascript, to alter a browsers (back/forward)history. A web page author could include javascript in a page to remove all previous pages from your history. I'm not sure that this is the cause in your case, but it is certainly a possibility.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
maybe it's just you Grimm? :D

Fiasco how much band width are you taking up with that water-thingy-majigi? those are kinda cool

·
Arizona Cardinals
857 Posts
It weighs in at a whopping 14-15kb. About 1/10th the size of many static signature images in here :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts