#71 ·
Re: Rebuild

Sure bring your drinks, and whatever to throw on da bbq

#72 ·

BBQ is on guys, drop in wheneva :)

#76 · (Edited)

Finally some further progress on the car, sent off the complete rear K- frame for its restoration.

All frame and bars: 2 pack, satin black
Every nut and bolt: Re-anodised silver
Diff hat: Hydroblasted
All new:
-Nylothane bushes
-rubber boots
-AWS deletion
-Hubs and bearing
-New disc's (stock size)
-SS braided hose lines
-Camber arms
-Calipers 2pack, unknown color at this point

Estimated costs:
-Painting, blasting, zinc etc $500-700
-Labour approx 35-40 hrs $2100-2400

Before photos

#94 ·

EDIT FOR ACTUAL WORKS COMPLETED...

Finally some further progress on the car, sent off the complete rear K- frame for its restoration.

All frame and bars: 2 pack, satin black
Every nut and bolt: Re-anodised silver
Diff hat: Hydroblasted
All new:
-Polyurethane bushes Subframe and diff kits
-rubber boots
-AWS deletion
-Rear hubs, bearings and seals
-New disc's (stock size) 11 inch
-SS braided hose lines
-Camber arms
-Calipers 2pack, unknown color at this point Stock brakes scrapped. Not yet installed are K-sport 11" rear setup with four piston calipers
-Added addco rear swar bar
-Removed unused brackets as a result of deletion

Estimated costs:
-Painting, blasting, zinc etc $500-700 *Actual cost *$2,700 total parts
-Labour approx 35-40 hrs $2100-2400 *+80 hrs = $3,200 total
Material costs are inclusive of all parts local and imported, shipping costs and state taxes
Pics produce in earlier posts.

If anyone has any questions about works completed to date id be happy to offer any knowledge gained.

#77 ·

Got some teaser pics here from my cars latest developments.

All rear steering components have been removed and all mounting components, holes from mounting brackets and arms have been cleaned up.

Every nut and bolt have been re-zinc'd silver which im really happy about as it all looks amazing.

Diff has had all internals re-greased and looked at, and have brought all new plugs and seals reguardless of age/condition.

#82 ·

Fav new things atm:
1. Hydro-blasting
2. Silver zinc

#86 ·
#88 ·

Ahh yeah thats the zinc re-coat - 3sx sells these in a gold zinc and i dont care for gold.

Was going to go black but everything black is too much black lol

#91 ·

Closing pics before rear subframe is complete. I get to pick it up this Saturday WooHoo.

Will attach final pics then.

#95 ·

Well i suppose we move to the second stage of works, moving on to the front sub frame.

So we pretty much are going to replicate what we did to the rear without much need for modifying. Basically expect this to be rather simple and faster in turn around time, we have:

Again all frame and bar: 2-pac satin black
-Ended up painting the D/shafts last time to be rid of the green, same again
-Every nut and bolt Re-anodised silver
-Full recondition and service to front steering rack, all parts replaced regardless of age
-Pair of new front hubs - complete kits
-Polyurethane bushings kit throughout
-K-sport 14" kit front kit with eight piston calipers
-New tie rods ends regardless

Both subframes will now be supported by Tein coilovers w/ EDFC control

Estimated costs:
- Materials $ 1,200
- Labour approx 25-30 hrs $1,800

Pictures in pre-existing condition

#96 ·

Pictures from mechanics...

#97 ·

UPDATE :
Thicker front swaybar
Removal of clutch canister and piping

On a side note ive been working away on the interior slowly stripping it down for its full respray and let me give a word of advise to people, carefull what you install when it comes to car alarms and more importantly KNOW what the previous owners have installed!! Ive pulled so much crap that was interlinked to every part of my wiring loom it was ridiculas.

Ultrasonic sensors
Immobilizer
Alarm
Auto window closers
Shock sensors
Tilt sensors
Boot switches
Bonnet reed switches
Door light switches
Turbo timer
Boost gauge
iPod link cable
Wideband 02

Not all of it is shown in the pictures and some things will be reintalled aka: iPod link, Wideband 02 and boost gauge, sure will make a pro job of it when its my turn to install :D

Id rather put a fifty on the front windscreen with a sign saying "Please take this and not the car" Below are some pics of what i unraveled out of under the dash of the drivers side cable tied to bloody everything.

After 12 hours and frustration due to how anal i am ive finally finished the drivers side to where things are re-soldered and heat shrinked back to normal, i mean no wonder cars have electrical problems.

My future thoughts are a GPS tracker hidden somewhere and a basic basic alarm simply for a window break and forced entry.

Only thing I couldn't repair to my liking was the power cables coming from the back of the ignition barrel, they have been butchered beyond repair, pics of that will be tomorrow as its late now...

#122 ·

Nice alarm Dynamco make a good product and they are Aussie. Also a DEI window lift - $250 in itself....

I use to fit Dynamco but now do Autowatch as they do Cambus alarms... Three wires and they are done.

My car is sitting stripped from the rear of the front seats back too- waiting on me to start builting a big fuckass stereo in it lol.

#98 ·

What stage the car is up to now interior wise