Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1961 - 1980 of 2011 Posts

·
Obsessive Carpolsive
2,152 Posts
You have to put together one of those online picture scrap books and get them printed. Honestly would be neat to flip thru all the best images of this insane build!

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,962 ·
Stock 380mm front and 330mm rear calipers :p

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,965 ·
You have to put together one of those online picture scrap books and get them printed. Honestly would be neat to flip thru all the best images of this insane build!
Feel free to start at page one lol

Reactions: CntrlSwitch

·
Registered
388 Posts

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,967 · (Edited)
Finally we are more out of this coronavirus lockdown in Victoria.

Booked and ready to go this week is:
Pick up new GoPro cameras and recording equipment tomorrow.
New MICHELIN PILOT SPORT 4S 245/40R19 98Y fitted Thursday.
Dyno shop this Saturday.

3 weeks at dyno shop then its to the panel shop to get everything fitted up, doors, guards, skirts, hood.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,968 ·
AIT sensor and meth nozzle installed in IC pipe.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,969 ·
A day in the sun, before the new tires and alignment.

Reactions: mdcrose

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Amazing! Just curious, why did you decide to mount the IAT down below? I’ve always read to mount it near the TB. I also had a question for you on your radiator hoses. How did you cut those? I have some -20 SS hoses I am going to use on my build and they are way too big for my hose cutters. Thinking about using a hack saw but probably won’t get the straightest cut. Looking great and can’t wait to see it all assembled.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,971 ·
why did you decide to mount the IAT down below? I’ve always read to mount it near the TB.
Due to the meth nozzle location the IAT was suggested by the tuners and others to be before the injection. Distance from its current location to installation at throttle body and the change in temps was said to be negligible.

I also had a question for you on your radiator hoses. How did you cut those? I have some -20 SS hoses I am going to use on my build and they are way too big for my hose cutters. Thinking about using a hack saw but probably won’t get the straightest cut. Looking great and can’t wait to see it all assembled.
I used masking tape across the hose where I wanted to cut, draw a line around the hose on the tape. Then use a thin 2mm stainless steel cutting disc on a grinder and slowly work you way around the pipe. Once cut, file and clean burs off then carefully peel the tape off. This will stop the fraying of the fibres on the hose.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,972 · (Edited)
Official kilometres travelled before restoration, and a full tank of fuel, two thing you'll never see again lol

All new globes in the cluster makes a large difference.

My teapot is still leaking, my Lego head man is still winking at me and the columns of the Acropolis seem to suggest my car is European not Ozzy! To hell with it all, I'm on Tour anyways. :p

·
Obsessive Carpolsive
2,152 Posts
I scrolled thru your photobucket account looking for some pictures of your relocation of the main fuse box , but no luck finding it. Can you share?
Thanks!

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,975 ·
I scrolled thru your photobucket account looking for some pictures of your relocation of the main fuse box , but no luck finding it. Can you share?
Thanks!
Hey mate,
What would you like to know?

·
Obsessive Carpolsive
2,152 Posts
I'm in the process of going thru my wiring harness and removing all unused wires. I also want to re-locate the main fuse box so it keeps the engine bay clean. I was considering just moving it to where my ABS unit is, or perhaps locating it under the passenger side dash. Curious on where you placed yours. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,977 ·
I'm in the process of going thru my wiring harness and removing all unused wires. I also want to re-locate the main fuse box so it keeps the engine bay clean. I was considering just moving it to where my ABS unit is, or perhaps locating it under the passenger side dash. Curious on where you placed yours. Thanks in advance!

I'll get a bunch of pictures together and we can have a chat if you want. It is a large job and unless its a stripped out race car id be reserved about moving it. With full trim id be confident that it wont fit in either the ABS or under dash location. Accessibility may also by affected in these areas if needed.

I've relocated to the RHS rear boot location.

·
Obsessive Carpolsive
2,152 Posts
pictures would be a huge help! Rear boot is a long way to relocate, but a great spot. My car will have full interior, but other than that it's basically a stripped race car (no heat/ac) so plenty of room under the dash now.

I'll get a bunch of pictures together and we can have a chat if you want. It is a large job and unless its a stripped out race car id be reserved about moving it. With full trim id be confident that it wont fit in either the ABS or under dash location. Accessibility may also by affected in these areas if needed.

I've relocated to the RHS rear boot location.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,979 ·
Cool under body shot as I had a chance today.

Tuning nearly finished and video to follow, stay tuned!

Reactions: mdcrose

·
Marshall Taylor
1,277 Posts
Cool under body shot as I had a chance today.

Tuning nearly finished and video to follow, stay tuned!

Outstanding!

1961 - 1980 of 2011 Posts