Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1861 - 1874 of 1874 Posts

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,862
Hey all,
Been a bit quite on here but not without progress.

Finally finished the engine harness and connecting it all up, that i tell you was a serious job! You can barely see a cable now and it looks really clean, it was worth it.

I've just got a paid Photobucket account and hopefully they remove all the fuzzy watermarking crap they threw on, standby for all that sh*t to go...

Once removed all put up new pictures for everyone :)

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,863
Photobucket updated account. If pictures are still blurry do the following:

Chrome:
On your computer, open Chrome.
On your browser toolbar, click the three dots icon in the upper right corner.
Click More tools, then Clear browsing data.
At the top, select a time range. Select All time to delete everything.
Check the boxes for Cookies and other site data and Cached images and files.
Click Clear data.

Firefox:
At the top right side of the Firefox window, click the triple bar menu in the upper right corner and choose Options.
Select the Privacy & Security panel.
In the Cached Web Content section, click Clear Now.
Close the about preferences page. Any changes you've made will automatically be saved.

Internet Explorer 10+:
Click the Tools button (the gear icon), point to Safety, and then select Delete browsing history.
Choose the types of data or files you want to remove from your PC, and then select Delete.

Internet Explorer 9:
Click the Tools button (the gear icon), and then select Internet options.
Under Browsing history, select Delete.

Internet Explorer 8:
Select the Safety menu, and then select Delete Browsing History.
Choose the types of data and files you want to remove from your PC, and then select Delete.

Safari:
Choose History > Clear History, click the pop-up menu, then choose how far back you want your browsing history cleared.

Microsoft Edge:
Click the Hub icon (the three bars in the upper right).
Click the History icon (the icon that looks like a clock) .
Click the link labeled Clear all history.
Check the boxes for each item you want to clear.
Click the Clear button. The message "All Clear!" will appear at the top when the data has been erased.

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,864
Custom made hidden engine harness.

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,866
Good work, that looks top notch!

What type of tape did you wrap the harness with?
So if anyone wants to freshen up their wiring harness id happily say to get get some Tesa Tape, it can be found here: https://www.ebay.com.au/p/609605303

If you do play around with any wiring please remember you need to allow your cables to move which avoids tearing and stretching of the conductors. First you need to enclose your cabling with split auto electrical conduit and ensure the cable have a bit of wiggle room in there. Once you have the flex conduit on your loom start wrapping the Tesa Tape along the loom on the angle so i start working your way down the loom. You don't need multiple wraps of this just work your way down the loom overlapping a half or quarter of the previous band. Its aesthetics are fantastic and really give a OEM look and feel to your work.

You can buy water resistant Tesa Tape but be advised it much more rigid to work with obviously, i have used this tape a bit but the felt tape just looks the part.

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,867
Hi all,
The wiring harness on my AC compressor has the notorious wearing on the end of the wiring, its at the auto elec now have a look...

If anyone has any methods of sourcing the below part numbers and could point me in the direction id be much appreciative and gladly compensate for efforts spent.

This is a gen one AC system.

AC compressor wiring harness Mitsubishi part number is: MB946520
The part number for the entire compressor is: MB946518 (If the above is not available)

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,868
So... a bit of a roadblock here.

The old Gen 1 AC system runs the "now illegal to use" R12 refrigerant.

Gen 2 GTO's use the more modern R134A gas.

Whole AC system needs to be changed over due to large and different operating pressures.

Has anyone done this before?

17,164 Posts
So... a bit of a roadblock here.

The old Gen 1 AC system runs the "now illegal to use" R12 refrigerant.

Gen 2 GTO's use the more modern R134A gas.

Whole AC system needs to be changed over due to large and different operating pressures.

Has anyone done this before?
I have done simple R12-R134a conversion kits, charged the system to 85% of its normal R12 capacity and had good results on Gen 1 cars.

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,871
Hey Chris,
What do you mean by R12-R134a conversion kits?

·
Registered
73 Posts
I found that the gen 1 ac compressor doesn't get up enough pressure to run R134a gas, so I used a late model Magna compressor and cut the mounts off the old compressor. I'm using hychill minus 30 gas and it runs very cold, even on a 35+ degree day it gets too cold!

17,164 Posts
Hey Chris,
What do you mean by R12-R134a conversion kits?
In the US it's just a fitting adapter kit. Used on all kinds of cars with success. I used it on a 1992 and it worked great.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1861 - 1874 of 1874 Posts