Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
2001 - 2011 of 2011 Posts

·
Member #538
1,307 Posts
How are you containing your excitement at this point? I can't imagine how you must feel after so much effort and consideration. Do you have a celebratory drive or some other occasion planned?

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,002 ·
How are you containing your excitement at this point? I can't imagine how you must feel after so much effort and consideration. Do you have a celebratory drive or some other occasion planned?
11 years this April.

In those years I've seen builds come and go, far too many start and don't finish or start one style and finish another. I can say when I started I had a list of unchangeable goals, items or thoughts that aren't allowed to change during the restoration. This stopped the many mild and wild thoughts along the way and keeps me on track. Its hard to aim for something if you don't know what your pointing at.

To be honest I'm a little sad its coming to an end so quickly, I've really enjoyed learning everything there is about the car, its design and the rebuilding process. I'll love driving it I'm sure, but it was never the rush to get it done. Happy enjoying the process and the build has been the most enjoyable part of over a decade to experience.

I was going to swing a champagne down from a rope but care to much for the paintwork lol.

Mitsubishi Australia want to put it in one of their showrooms for a bit which will be very cool and hopefully word gets around. Nostalgic feeling might bring a few concepts to the drawing board, a new model I could only dream about!

Few car shows here and there and then ill enjoy it as a weekend car for those beautiful weekends.

·
Premium Member
14,003 Posts
Looking amazing Pete! I feel like that last post was in some ways aimed at me so thanks for that. :p

Are you pinning that CF hood?

·
Registered
388 Posts
I was also wondering what happened next. It's been almost a year I hope all is well.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,007 · (Edited)
Hey mate,
Yeah just sitting here waiting for final finishing's and interior carpet + remaining interior trims. Then body colour paint the bonnet. Covid really stuffed business up and everyone is still off work or on holidays. Should be finished soon and ready for this years summer. :D

·
Marshall Taylor
1,277 Posts
Thanks for the update. Good luck getting everything finished up.

Marshall

·
Registered
388 Posts
Hey mate,
Yeah just sitting here waiting for final finishing's and interior carpet + remaining interior trims. Then body colour paint the bonnet. Covid really stuffed business up and everyone is still off work or on holidays. Should be finished soon and ready for this years summer. :D

View attachment 299471 View attachment 299472
Stunning and beautiful work. I think a few of us were getting concerned that you were OK after not seeing an update for so long.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
9,003 Posts
It’s too pretty!! I wouldn’t even want to drive it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: OldMadBrit
2001 - 2011 of 2011 Posts