Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1981 - 2000 of 2011 Posts

·
Marshall Taylor
1,277 Posts
I'm in the process of going thru my wiring harness and removing all unused wires. I also want to re-locate the main fuse box so it keeps the engine bay clean. I was considering just moving it to where my ABS unit is, or perhaps locating it under the passenger side dash. Curious on where you placed yours. Thanks in advance!
I relocated my fuse box to the ABS pump location. The fuse box cover faces the motor and can be accessed fairly easily. With my long tube manifold set up relocation was necessary.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,982 ·
Sounds unbelievably good...

Reactions: mdcrose

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,984 · (Edited)
Got a dyno session in today, heap of pulls and really got it tuned up nice.

Final result for the day was 305 awkw @ 19 psi

·
Marshall Taylor
1,277 Posts
Got a dyno session in today, heap of pulls and really got it tuned up nice.

Final result for the day was 305 awkw @ 19 psi

Nice! It’s great to see your plan coming together after much detailed work.

Marshall

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,986 ·
Booked to the panel shop tomorrow and before Christmas break. Should be good to get doors on, maybe guards. Will allow me to finish the interior, door fit outs, side skirts and much more over the holidays.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,987 ·

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,988 ·

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Immaculate. Pretty sure this is one of the cleanest 3/S in history. Are you going to keep her around the 305 awkw mark or eventually shoot for more?

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,990 ·
Immaculate. Pretty sure this is one of the cleanest 3/S in history. Are you going to keep her around the 305 awkw mark or eventually shoot for more?
I've got a 1000cc W/M kit which we'll use for high boost, would like to see 2bar pulls if possible and see what the figures get too :)

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,991 ·

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,993 ·
So something I've been working on for a while is how to relocate the cruse control switch with the aftermarket steering wheel.

Played around with many ideas on old mocked up parts we finally came up with a installation that is almost factory in nature.

Note that I brought a new Gen 2 cruse control switch which is longer in the arm than the Gen 1 switches, this is what I would recommend if doing this.

Hope you enjoy.

Reactions: lawdogg

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,994 ·

Reactions: GTO Assassin

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,995 ·
Almost finished wiring the new fuse box, be careful if you do this! I own all the service, body and electrical manuals for these cars and i still took plenty of time unrushed to get it done.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,996 ·
New instrument cluster and odometer.

GTO_JOE does an amazing write up on a speedo conversation if you need. On this speedo it was just a bridge wire you have to remove to change from miles to kilometres

A new car :p

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,997 ·
If anyone is chasing new factory style dash globes which are now obsolete from Mitsubishi i found a place that will sell them, perfect for illuminating the dash back to brand new!

info (AKR Performance) <[email protected]>

Honda instrument panel light bulb (14V 3W)

Chris Kraaij
AKR Performance B.V.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,998 ·
New suspension setup done by Shockworks in Victoria, really knowledgeable shop. Got pedigree.

Springs are 9kg fronts 5kg rears, height, bump stops, valving etc all set for a weekend road car. Imagine 80/20 sport/comfort for road use.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,999 ·
Getting closer now!

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Beautiful. Excited to see it all coming together. Also, Nice job on the fuse box. I’m removing a few circuits myself, that I no longer use. I’s a time consuming project, that’s for sure.

1981 - 2000 of 2011 Posts