Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was comming home from speed factor tonight on cottman ave. I am driving along and i hear a low roar next to me. I look over and it's a montecarlo SS or so it says. He has traffic in front of him and i have a clear lane. I see a light ahead turn red so i speed up and cut over to the right lane and he pulls up in the left. For those in the philly area it was at the light in front of the WAWA by burhome park. The light turns and he takes my of the line by about a car. As soon as i shift into 2nd i started pulling hard, i caught him and when i shifted into third, i gained about 2 cars on him. I shut down at 75mph, with a good amount of space between us. I think it was either in really bad running condition or it was not a SS cause i don't think i could beat a SS. So i guess i can't call it a kill, but a good run.

The second race was with a camaro. I looked for badgeing but didn't see it. I was on 63 when i passed him. I slowed down to let him catch up. He started paseing me so i knew he wanted to get a little run in. We were comming up to a part where the two lanes merged into one, i knew this is where it was gonna happen. My front end was at the back of his door when he gunned it. (50mph) I downshifted into third and started to gain a little back, but not much. I would say my front end was about 2 feet from his when we hit the mergeing area. He got scared and hit the brakes and i got in front of him. At the next light i was turning left so i rolled down my window to talk to him and he gave me a look and just kept going. I guess thats not really a kill either. Must have been a 6 because i don't think i would keep up with an 8 like that. I was a fun drive home though.

·
3kgt Driver
3,505 Posts
i would consider them kills. good job! i have to see ur car run next time u go to atco!

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
you don't wanna see me run at atco. my car is really slow which is why i don't think it was a real ss. My best tiem so far is a 15.359 at 93.12. I won't be back to atco until the end of the winter then i will have more mods too:D

·
Twin Turbo Devil
2,052 Posts
<<My best tiem so far is a 15.359 at 93.12>>

are you kidding me? you got a 97 SL with cold air intake and all that other crap? Mines a 95 SL, bone stock, and I thought it was at about 15 flat.. raced a 300Z (not a newer one, but still) with modified exhaust, cold air intake, performance chip, and some more things done, and it only beat me by like, 2 car lengths. :confused:

Attachments

·
3kgt Driver
3,505 Posts
whitewavesea said:
<<My best tiem so far is a 15.359 at 93.12>>

are you kidding me? you got a 97 SL with cold air intake and all that other crap? Mines a 95 SL, bone stock, and I thought it was at about 15 flat.. raced a 300Z (not a newer one, but still) with modified exhaust, cold air intake, performance chip, and some more things done, and it only beat me by like, 2 car lengths. :confused:
WOW! :love: :loveeyes: :love: :loveeyes: ur pretty hot!
Hot girl, hot car!

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am really bad off the line. I get really nervous for some reason. My reaction time is like a 1.114 and 60' was like 2.5-2.6 cause i smoked the F'ing tires. I need practice.

·
Twin Turbo Devil
2,052 Posts
<quote>Resonator Bottle Removed<quote>

just wondering, how does this change the sound quality from stock? is it all ricey sounding or does it even make it louder, or just different, or what? and where exactly is it located.. cause my car is way too quiet, its annoying when you rev on people and they cant even hear you, so im trying to find a quick way to make it louder (w/o being ghetto and leaking the pipes)

·
Proud 3000GT Driver
3,221 Posts
the resonator is not gonna make a diff. when you rev at people. at least not in my case. i didn't directly remove the stock res. but i bought the dn perf. intake pipe which is metal, and has no resonator. it might make a bit of diff. sound wise, but nothing substancial.

·
Cops Love Me
1,395 Posts
Whoa!!!
whitewavesea; your hot!!! What part of Cali?

IF you want I can take off your resonator, or if you want you can hear my ES (which has Res Removed). (If your near the Bay Area, or want to drive your ass over to Cupertino, heh)

BTW: You single? :D :D :D

·
Cops Love Me
1,395 Posts
LOL, sorry just any girl with a 3000GT/Stealth gets several bumps up on the ladder... Then she's pretty damn hot, so she's near the top. :D

Don't deny it, if you were in CA you'd say the same things hehe.

·
Twin Turbo Devil
2,052 Posts
Tenny said:
Whoa!!!
whitewavesea; your hot!!! What part of Cali?

IF you want I can take off your resonator, or if you want you can hear my ES (which has Res Removed). (If your near the Bay Area, or want to drive your ass over to Cupertino, heh)

BTW: You single? :D :D :D
hehe. im from Sonora/Modesto area. I live in Sonora now unfortunately but im in Modesto a lot, ever go to the Stockton/Tracy races? I try to go like once a month. was down there last night. you should come run it with my ex, his civic runs mid 14s. if not then theres a 300Z up here that will run it w/you. (supposedly low 14s but only beat my car by 1.5 car lengths and I should be somewhere in the 15s) Anyways. Single right now but definitely plan on staying single. sorry :p

·
Twin Turbo Devil
2,052 Posts
973000GTSL said:
Civics are pieces of shit, but your still hot:D
a lot of them are, but my ex's could spank mine no problem. It has a shytload of things done to it though.. but its all motor. so ive learned to gain respect for certain cars, even if they are naturally gay. (except kias of course :p)

·
Registered
666 Posts
Depending on what model and engine they're pretty easy to make quick with little money. Just look at the SI's that came with the b16a2 (99-02 ??), you can buy a used JRSC for them for 1500 and a CRV pulley and your already in the 13's, low 13's with the hatch. Or you could go the all motor route which is a little bit more expensive to make as fast as a boosted civic, but still somewhat potent. I'm not saying I like them, but I wouldn't call any car a piece of shit as well. You may not like the car, but respect it.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts