Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
U.S. Army Retired
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The army is moving me to fort richardson in march. I'm tring to get everything in place to ship my stealth from Ft. Bragg,NC to there to an inclosed storage unit. From what I have been told on post housing dosent have very many garages.
Look forwad to being an active member
Jeff

·
Registered
352 Posts
nope not much garages on ft rich side, but atleast its on base...off base is where all the car theives are lol.

in march?? its may...u have a 10month notification?! lol luckyyyyyy

·
U.S. Army Retired
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nope not much garages on ft rich side, but atleast its on base...off base is where all the car theives are lol.

Yea I got to school in November then after that I report. I might just leave it in Pittsburgh in my grandparents house till I can get it there

·
Registered
352 Posts
Yea I got to school in November then after that I report. I might just leave it in Pittsburgh in my grandparents house till I can get it there
AIT?

ide arrange shipping around summer time if you can...u dont want to go through a crazy fiasco if the carhauler crashes in the winter and your without a whip...or drive it up if they let you...i loved the drive here

·
U.S. Army Retired
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
AIT?

ide arrange shipping around summer time if you can...u dont want to go through a crazy fiasco if the carhauler crashes in the winter and your without a whip...or drive it up if they let you...i loved the drive here
Yea I reclassed from being an MP to be a generator mechanic

·
Registered
352 Posts
ohhhh ok, not your first rodeo then...good deal.

Im USAF. f-22 raptor mechanic

·
soo...HOT...
1,642 Posts
ohhhh ok, not your first rodeo then...good deal.

Im USAF. f-22 raptor mechanic
left in '09, trying to get back. I worked crew chief F-15s and briefly on 22s (<---see avatar) before they sent me down to Shaw. F-16s blow hardcore.....

where were you when i was there??????? I had a red 91 TT.

·
Registered
352 Posts
what base were u crewin 22s at? here at elmo? I was at tyndall crewin 22s from 04-10

its a very small world! 2 recent examples...

his name is jeff...my name is jeff

second example...i ran into 3 people this work who heard of my hometown...the town is 20 sq.miles in a valley in central ny...and its not on the map yet haha

·
soo...HOT...
1,642 Posts

on-base housing sucks, they will rip you off...get a place off base, you'll be paying for itm, but BAH should get you a decent place. If you don't mind a 45 minute drive, look for a house in Wasilla or Palmer. the wife and I lived on base, and hated it. the house was nice, but you don't see a dime of your BAH and when you move out, they will rape you for every cent they can get for any damages no matter hoe incidental. Oh. and a guaranteed $2000 carpet replacement bill on your way out too. not worth it, get a house so you can re-coop the money you put into it when you do leave.

Enjoy the stay, the 3/S guys are great, fishing and hunting are just about as good! hope you pack enough blankets!

·
soo...HOT...
1,642 Posts
make the army pay for your shipping so you don't have to. take whatever you can get for free! it's a hell of a drive from PA (I'm from York) to AK!

·
Stealthee
78 Posts
Are all the VR-4 owners in AK military?! HAHA! ... me too... -ish ... Part timer, I love my beard too much to commit all the way. :p

1 - 14 of 14 Posts