Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought a 99 combat wing but i cannot find any tread about where to mount it , anyone can shoot me some measurements or some pics please !!!

·
Drives a 1997 VR4.
1,573 Posts
What did your car previously had?
If its an SL spoiler or a VR4 Active aero spoiler, or a hopp spoiler, the holes should be there for two of them on the sides of the hatch. Look underneath the hatch near the edge. You'll see where to drill. As far as the other holes holding the base of the combat wing, it depend whether your wing has one or two bolts.
My suggestion is to take some putty and put it on the bolt. Lay the wing and line it up correctly then push the putty down to the hatch. That's where you'll drill.
If you have a 99 hatch, the holes are basically marked for you.
If you're coming from a stealth, I don't know. Someone else will have to help you.

·
Premium Member
3,240 Posts
I had a thread on this a while ago. The pic I had is no longer there anymore, but basically take a tape measure and hook it on the top left corner of the hatch window (over the trim piece). From there pull the tape measure backwards. It should be 52" from the hatch glass corner to the backside of the wing center piece. Do it for each side.

http://www.3si.org/forum/f119/people-real-99-vr4s-combat-wings-please-enter-466943/

·
Keep'n 'em spooled
2,496 Posts
If you are installing a 99 OEM wing (or aftermarket wing designed to mount like an OEM one) onto a 91-96 VR-4:

Reuse the front mounting holes from the original spoiler. You'll have to drill the other ones but the location will be right if you reuse the front holes. As fastfalcon suggests using a piece of cardboard on each side helps.

After installing, mine also measures out as 52" (well 51-15/16" to be precise).

·
Keep'n 'em spooled
2,496 Posts
Adding some details that I posted on the book of faces:

When I mounted my OEM Combat Wing it was missing the screw on each side that is on the inside, closest to the front of the car. Attached is a pic of the Left side of the trunk lid. The red and green arrows show the existing AA wing holes (91-96 VR-4). The red arrow hole gets reused by the combat wing mounting stud. The two small holes labeled with the yellow arrows are the new pilot holes for the Combat Wing. The green hole doesn't get used. If your Combat Wing has all four mounting studs on each side then you'll be creating 3 new pilot holes.

LEFT SIDE OF HATCH:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts