Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1st generation ('92) 3000GT SL, the style with the flat black strip running across the front of the car. i would LOVE to get this the same green that my car is, but is that even possibly after having the sun and elements beat on my paintjob for 10 years? It doesnt seem like it would be too difficult to paint, but i dont want to get it all done and have it 2 shades of green. anyone got any ideas? or done this before?

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
im also interested..i have a white ES. i dont want 2 shades of white if i get a bodykit and paint it.

·
Detroit RiceCop
659 Posts
I was in an accident last year with my 91' red base and the paint shop matched the paint pretty darn good. I also got a small dent pulled and the lower quarter panel behind the door had to be repainted and that turned out good too. You just have to get a good place to do it. Say NO to Maaco.

·
The Blank Man
1,161 Posts
good paint places have what is similar to a digital camera and they can take a picture of the paint and it will give them the exact measurments for the paint.... isn't technology great?

·
Lost Soul
6,235 Posts
They matched my 93 Black w/ Blue metallic flake perfectly......twice now :)

-Jeff

·
Registered
32 Posts
most of the body shops now use computer color matching, which will match the exact shade of color that is on your car now.:) but the thing you have to remember is when you only have a certain part of the car painted, that is new paint, and it will fade differently from the 10 year old paint that is already on the car. I have seen really good match jobs done that 6 months later, is about 6 shades off of the part of the car that was not painted.:mad: so just choose your body shop carefully, and you should not have any problems.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts