Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
peopleofwalmart.com
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been contemplating fuel upgrades again.

I ran across a website where a guy used a cold start injector with a pressure switch to increase his fuel over a set psi, say 14 psi.

Extensive tuning would be needed.
I have been waiting all summer and fall for a datalogger, but that wait will soon be over.

It would be hella cheaper than Super AFC and injectors.

Anyone want to weigh in on this?

·
Registered
606 Posts
It was probably a Turbo Dodge that had the coldstart injector on it. There are a very large number of TD guys that run extra injectors with no problems. There is actually very little tuning to be done, at least on our cars.

Watch your A/F ratio and EGT's to see at what PSI you start leaning out at. Get a Hobbes pressure switch(adjustable) and set it to what PSI you were leaning out at. Get a 12v source and a ground and tap into a fuel hose(pre FPR) with some 3/8" line and send it to the injector.

I'm not sure how well the 6g72 computer will like this but the archaeic TD computers don't have a problem adjusting the fuel mixture to proper specs once the extra injector kicks in. They're a Speed/Density type monitoring system(MAP). The 84-88 LM/PM and SMEC systems run a Motorola processor that checks all of its input in 22 milliseconds and the later 89+ Motorola has a loop time of 11 milliseconds.

-Marc

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.