Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Boiler Up
2,322 Posts
I'm guessing it just goes in the stock location and adds an aluminum wall around the filter to block off some of the engine heat. I doubt a "true" cold air intake would be $100.

17,558 Posts
I'm guessing it just goes in the stock location and adds an aluminum wall around the filter to block off some of the engine heat. I doubt a "true" cold air intake would be $100.
If that is the case then don't advertise it as a "cold" air intake.

·
Boiler Up
2,322 Posts
If that is the case then don't advertise it as a "cold" air intake.
Well technically, putting the shroud around the filter "cools" the intake temperature quite a bit. But I agree, it still isn't a true "cold" air intake... All a matter of semantics. :eek:

17,558 Posts
Well technically, putting the shroud around the filter "cools" the intake temperature quite a bit. But I agree, it still isn't a true "cold" air intake... All a matter of semantics. :eek:
I'll just wait and see what supermac posts up. Hopefully it is some type of cold air intake.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
These are nothing new here guys. im just posting up a new thread for the parts we have been making for years. our cold air walls and box kits have been used time and time again and proved themselves many times over.

They lower intake temps in the range of 50 degrees and add around 5-10hp depending on the current state of your car. they work on both turbo and non turbo cars and also double as a filter bracket to hold your filter off the fender wall.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
lol i really hate questions like that. cause i have sold lots of intake kits to people over the last 5-6 years and whenever someone ask the "anyone have this installed" wuestion... nobody ever comes out and says.. yea i do, i really like it blah blah blah.

p.s. the hate part was sarcastic, and im not bashing your question. just wish people would come forward and put up their opinions.

·
Premium Member
8,959 Posts
i had one of chris's older versions of the cold air wall and it worked fairly well. i cut it because i had a naca duct forcing air to it. it just got removed recently because it doesn't fit with my fmic pipes/ dejon intake setup. it probably has something to do with the dejon pipes not sitting on the turbos enough like they used to. i went from 9bs to IPS 19t's with the sleeved housings. ANYWAYS, i'd recommend the cold air wall to any turbo guys with the rubber intake pipes. now that i think about it. i just realized i could probably cut the dejon pipes for better clearance.

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Is there any installed pics floating around?.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts