Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I just bought a new (used) 91 stealth r/t, and immediately after, replaced the clutch, as the first one died.
I bought the car in california and had the clutch put in, and then drove it back to vegas. About half-way home (200 mi on the clutch), i noticed the clutch slipping about 1000+ rpms in hard accelerations above third gear. This problem fixed itself after i got back to vegas (About 400 miles on the clutch), and just came back this afternoon. I realize that something is wrong (duh!) and I'm bringing it into a mechanic tomorrow, I was just wondering if anyone has any ideas?

Also, on a related (yet unrelated note), when the engine is cold (read: just starting the car after being off for a few hours) the shift from 1st to 2nd is hard (read: gears grinding), once again, any ideas?

Thanks,

~matt

·
Detroit RiceCop
659 Posts
Do a search on "synchros"

·
Registered
832 Posts
you might also do a search on adjusting your clutch. I haven't really ever read any problems like that, but I think it kinda makes a little sense. cheers!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.