Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
If you have to press hard on the pedal, there may be something wrong. Sticking or binding in the pedal linkage, cable, cross shaft, or pivot ball are common causes, better check it out. Sometimes a blockage or worn seals in the hydraulic system can also cause a hard clutch

17,341 Posts
Some aftermarket clutches are very heavy, but most are not too bad, may have to pull trans and see what you have.

·
Senior **i.e. OLD** Member
13,310 Posts
Chris I am 100% positive my clutch is stock (Exedy) and mine is the heaviest I have EVER felt.
It never used to bother me, but since my achilles rupture and subsequent surgery (left foot), trying to drive my 92TT is a real challenge.
All hoses and reservoirs are intact and believed to be working.
I have a braided slave line and both the slave and master have been replaced (over the last few years) and actually the clutch was also (with the Exedy). The work was done by Hans, and I have full confidence in his ability to install a clutch correctly.

No relief.

Any thoughts?
I would love to be able to easily drive my 92 like my Spyder (which is probably THE lightest clutch I have ever felt).

Thanks,

Bob.

17,341 Posts
I would pull the trans and inspect any and all pivot points, the tob, the clutch diaphragm, and see if the input shaft bearing collar is worn, groved, or dry.

A stock clutch and functional booster should be really easy to push.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Senior **i.e. OLD** Member
13,310 Posts
Thanks for the reply Chris :)

At 63, without a lift, and all my helpers (3 sons) are too far away to help, I don't see that happening?

Any plans to visit Dayton, Ohio anytime in the near future?

Will feed you filet mignon and provide any beverage you desire.....

Bob. :)

21 - 25 of 25 Posts