Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm getting ready to sell my 93sl and i went to drive it today and it seems that the clutch is not disengaging all the way. it still drives but it is hard to get into gear. and i can feel that there is slack in the clutch petal. do i need a new clutch or just an adjustment. thanks,
kcalvano92VR4

G

·
If you've already checked the fluid level, try this. Under the dash. There's a rod that the clutch pedal pushes into the master cylinder. Loosen the lock nut and then rotate the rod going outward towards the master cylinder(towards engine). If that doesn't work, then get a rebuild kit for the master cylinder. If that doesn't work, get a rebuild kit for the slave cylinder(the small cylinder that's attached to the tranny). They're cheap and the easiest thing to do. I'm not for sure if they make them for these cars, but I don't see why not. I bought my dad's slave rebuild kit for his 94 Nissan P/U today for $3.99 at Autozone.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.