Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
boosted
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My clutch keeps teasing me. One day I was just driving on the interstate with the cruise on. I go to speed up and my clutch slips! I am like "what the hell"

Other times I'll be driving, and I'll give it WOT through all the gears and it won't slip, and sometimes I'll give it WOT in 5th, and it starts slipping. Why would it slip sometimes, but not all the time?

I've been searching for over an hour, and haven't heard of anyone else's clutch acting like this. If it was going out, wouldn't it slip all the time?

·
~Airborne all the way~
629 Posts
It starts in the highest gears and slowly starts working itself down. Start saving now for a clutch job, you have about a month till its not drivable. 300-400 in labor plus a new clutch.
-Jess

·
boosted
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It just started slipping in all of the gears. Why does it slip sometimes, but no always, and why would it just start suddenly?

·
boosted
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The guy I bought the car from said he had put a new clutch in about a year ago. I looked today and my clutch fluid is about an inch from the top. Can the clutch be adjusted, and can the lack of fluid cause the clutch to slip? Right now I only have to push the clutch in about 1/5 of the way to the floor, is this normal?

·
Registered
557 Posts
well ya silly,1st fill up your resorvior with fliud,if that don't fix it start savin:rolleyes: do you have proof,i.e repair invoice for the clutch job that "was done" by the previous owner:rolleyes: and no i don't believe our clutches can be adjusted since they are hydraulic:(

·
boosted
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I guess I'll top of the clutch fluid and see if that helps. I have 120 mile drive today, so I'll guess I will know if that will solve it.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Well for my vr4 it was normal and boom one day just barely got to my friend's house the clutch was toasted.... not drivevable at all... put in any gear and it's not moving at all.... except rev it to 6k RPM and the car barely move..... wish what it would warn me first or something.... no warning and just hit me like that.... damn that hurts....but it's ok after replacing it.....factory clutch $300 and around $400-500 for labor...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts