Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Lovbyts
3,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have done all the RPM test and my clutch seems fine that way. No RPM increase like it was slipping but it sure does stick sometimes like it is slipping. It is most noticeable when backing up but even if you have to ease the clutch to go forward like in slow traffic it does not take much for it to start stinking. I have done pedal adjustments with out any positive or negative impact. any advice would be appreciated.

·
Lovbyts
3,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hello! What, I post about a blone on hood and I get 50 resopses. I have a legitimate question and no help at all. Come on guys.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
It sounds to me like the clutch is going out.

Dan

R

·
0 Posts
Please define "sticking". Does the clutch engage at the same pedal position, or does this engagement position vary?

·
Lovbyts
3,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry, I meant Stink. It smells. I can not get it to slip at all. You only smell it if you are say pulling forwad from a stop say over a bumb or backing up sometimes. I do know how to drive a clutch and I have two Stealths RT TT. The clutch feels very different between the two cars but like I said before it does not slip just smells reall bad sometimes. I know it's not the brakes either. Just wondering if anyone elses does this. Thanks.

M

·
0 Posts
Paul,
My old '93 RT/TT used to have the dead burnt fish smell after pulling up my very steep driveway. I had to slip it a bit to not bottom out on the high curb. I don't know if this means the clutch is ready to give up or not 'cause I sold the car before having anyone look at the clutch. Let us know what you find out.

Mark
'96 VR-4

·
Registered
334 Posts
Paul, it may be that some oil is leaking in between the disc and pressure plate and when the disc spins it heats up(burns)and emits this smell.

Mario

1 - 7 of 7 Posts