Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, time for a new clutch. IN YOUR EXPERIENCE, what clutch is the best. Driveability isn't a huge factor here, i figure I will get used to it pretty fast. I'm prbly gonna have a new engine internals before too long, and I'm thinking about 357 mag's with a new fuel system. What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I got a clutchmasters stage three clutch. Big difference; I could feel a lot more power out of it then out of my stock clutch. Not too much pedal pressure either. If you have any questions feel free to ask. I am here to help.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
whats the difference between RPS stage 2 and stage 3? What kind of power are they capable of holding. Which will last longer? Thanx

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm no expert but I do know stage two clutches have like 75 % more power than stock ones and stage three clutches have 110% more power. My clutch is made out of kevelar and is guaranteed to take a pounding and last at least five years. But new news I have heard of, (and I think is worth looking into), is of something called a ceramic clutch. I have heard it is the best out there yet but I have not seen one yet so I can't verify that. Just a lil extra info for you to consider use it how you wish.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok, so right now I'm on 14 psi boost. At the moment, would the stage 3 just be way to much clutch? I plan to upgrade internals, turbos and fuel system, most likely alcohol injection. Would stage 2 still last a while under those mods?

·
20 yr owner
1,867 Posts
I got the stage3, (love it so far).
I would not wast the time or money on a stage 2.
Especially if your car has mods.
Stage 2 I would put on a stock TT.:cool:

·
221 Posts
but doesn't trevor have the stage 2 on his 11 second stealth?

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
IMHO, a stage II is good for a fairly mild combonation. I would say 13g's,and 550cc injectors about max for a Stage II. After I broke in my RPS stage II, it was capable of 5000RPM clutch dumps. I havn't launched at a higher RPM then that, but that is a high enough RPM to spin all 4 tires, and not bog the engine. If I had to do it all over again I would get a stage III.

Ray
3SI member 1222

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanx guys, i think I'll just go with the stage 3. No matter what I'll get used to the clutch. Once again, thanks for the input.

·
Registered
8,762 Posts
Yeah I've got a Stage II that I've never had problems with...including busting three 1.699-1.709 60's out of the five runs the last time I went to the track. I've got to admit that nobody has had the same success with their stage II that I have. I guess mines a freak or Matt Monett secretly slipped me a Stage III. :p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts