Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
That Others May Live
3,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i go from a stop, i hear this clunking sound up front. If i accelerate real slow i wont hear it, but most of the time i can. The harder i launch, the louder the clunk. Also the clunk comes in within the first 10 feet. I've heard guys talk about driveshaft and carrier bushings and was wondering if that did the trick. Thanks.

·
More Than Meets the Eye
4,632 Posts
It does sound like driveline slop to me. Sorry I don't have anything more contructive to offer though.

·
That Others May Live
3,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
part #'s

Off-hand, does anybody have the part numbers for the driveshaft and carrier bushings? CAPS is not playing nice with me today. Thanks.

·
Registered
784 Posts
I don't have the part numbers (I never got CAPS working), but I have the price if you're at all interested. I think the drive shaft with carrier bearings is about $1100. Labor would only be one hour I think. If you want just the carrier bearings, I think its around $150.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Sur83

I could never get my CAPS program to work either, whats up with that?...JC

·
That Others May Live
3,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well i have CAPS working, i just cant find the freakin part! I have the driveshaft narrowed down, but i cant find those darned bushings (there are 2 right in the middle). The local mitsu dealership was clueless, so i guess im on my own.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts