Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Arizona Cardinals
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My radio control lights started blinking when I turn the steering wheel. The diagnosis is a bad clockspring.

new cost: $400
dealer installation: $400

1) Does anyone have a shop manual exploded view or procedure for replacing the clockspring in the steering column.

2) How difficult is the task.

3) Is the clockspring the same across all models? (can I pull a clockspring out of a base for example)

4) What special tools are required.

·
Speed Junkie
988 Posts
the clock spring is the device that holds all the wires in your steering colum. it makes it so when you turn the wheel the wires dont get all tangled up. I would have given you mine but I cut it up and through it away when I put my Momo wheel on. Even if you have to buy the part install it your self it is really easy to do. Just take Air bag , wheel off and it is right there with like 8 bolts. Then I just think it unscrews and pops out

·
Arizona Cardinals
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is it the same across the different models?

·
Registered
321 Posts
I beleive their all the same. But for $400 buy a after market wheel and just reach over and adjust the radio. But if your determined to have the factory wheel, I still have mine. Let me check and see just how short I cut the wires. If they are of usable length your welcome to it. It is never going back on my car. The car feel like it responds alot better with the Momo wheel. Do a pole, I'd be suprised to see anyone disagrees that has taken the factory wheel off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts