Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 154 Posts

·
Dragon Slayer
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ChesterGT single turbo build

Hey what's up guys. I've been meaning to do this once I get my car almost finished and now I'm at that point. I'm gonna be moving the Arizona in the begeening of January and my goal now is to get my car ready to drive there.
So far it's been a long process. It's a single turbo with a V mount, radiator and intercooler. Gutted and prepped for a cage. Its a semi built auto. I'm gonna be guessing the car as it sits now is under 2700lbs, the goal is to have it under 2700 with me in it so I have some more work I need to do but that'll have to wait till after the move.

What's left on the car is to wire the headlights, tail lights and turn signals.
Still have to finish fabricating the seat frame to weld into the car.
I did Devilmaycry oil mod, 100% had to because no my oil pan is gigantic and the oil filter housing didn't fit. I'm about 80% finished without that.
Still need to finish the duckbill and mold the entire rear hatch for a fiberglass copy, plus there's some other members that want them.
I gotta paint the inside of the car, thinking white and then paint the outside of the car.
I'm building a 4" Maf housing for the EVO guts. The last thing I'm gonna have to do is then tune for all of this.

The short term goal is 600whp on e85 in a 2700lb. Sounds like it should be pretty fun.
I'll post a shit load of pictures after I figure out how to do them now.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Wow, having it done by January sounds tough, especially with the cold of Colorado! With your flashable ecu it should be easy to get a basic tune though.

You thinking about going AWD ever?

·
Dragon Slayer
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll go AWD after everything else is built and done. I'm really not worried about being fwd at all. My aero and tire setup will take care of it. I wouldn't ever use the AWD rear subframe though, way to heavy. I'll probably build it into the cage to save some weight.

Colorado is funny dude. It'll snow one day and the next day it'll be in the 70's. I'm not to worried about the snow. The thing that I'm fighting with the most is time. Getting the house ready to sell is a bitch. But let's try to keep this on topic haha. I can go on and on with this stupid move lol

·
The dark shall be with us
7,298 Posts
Yeah. If you can modify the stock rear subframe to work with the diff, not only it'll be lighter but I think it'll have better suspension geometry since its a dual Wishbone suspension vs our stupid awd suspension that changes toe and wheel base when the car moves up and down.

·
Dragon Slayer
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Oh trust me it'll be a double wishbone setup for sure. That's all a pipe dream right now till I get moved into the new place. Here's some pictures of the V mount and ducting.

·
Dragon Slayer
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
tbis is the fiberglass hood vent and how I made it. It's attached to a advan fiberglass hood. This hood is around 15lbs.

This isn't the PVA mold release. You're supposed to spray it on but I was lazy and brushed it on.

This is the gel coat

Then the fiberglass

Here's pics of the mold and the copy of the vent I pulled from the mold.

The vent itself. It hardly weighs a thing and is very strong

·
Dragon Slayer
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Here's the vent glued onto the fiberglass hoodm I'm loving the black hood and roof. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna be painting it like this.
I originally vinyl wrapped the entire car in 3M gloss red metallic flake. It looked good but I wasn't loving the color, the was hardly noticeable. I'm gonna be painting it in a real metallic flake.

I'll be updating this posts with the finished hood this week. I ealier blended the edges of the vent into the hood and fiberglassed taped over it.

·
Dragon Slayer
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Here's the interrior of the car. It's complety gutted. I had to lower the seat as much as possible. That includied boxing in the tunnel and removing the rump in the flow board.

·
Dragon Slayer
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That engine is super clean, very nice!
It looks even better now with the coil on plug, shaved and polished valve body and wire and fuse box tucked and deleted. I completely re-wires the car. I'll show some pictures of that too.

·
Turbo Dreaming
268 Posts
That engine bay looks very clean. Subscribed! I want to start my own thread too, I just don't have the time right now to setup the post. I think like you, I don't mind my car being FWD. I just want my turbo setup. 600 hp definitely sounds like a difficult challenge. I wouldn't try to push over 340hp on mine. Keep us posted man, good luck with your whole housing situation.

·
Dragon Slayer
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
How do you like that dual 52mm gauge bezel? I'm heavily considering getting one during black friday

I just took a hole saw to it. Those buttons are no longer needed so I figured wth I'll see what happens. Sitting in the cari I actually like it. It's right in front. Even the oil pressure gauge works well in the spot on the dash. I need to get oil temp and water temp gauges still, then it'll be complete.

·
Dragon Slayer
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Here is what the stock wiring harness looks like in a 98. Honestly I was expecting it to weigh more. I'd guess not much more than 20lbs. Deleting then computers does add up though.

Here's the shaved and polished valve cover with the coil on plug

The PTU is being relocated to inside of the car and has a BIG heatsink. I'm also feeding it with 16volts. I might be running a twin PTU setup in the feature for the coil on plugs.

·
Dragon Slayer
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I thought it was one of those molded ones! That doesn't look too bad as you did it! I may have to consider it!

Pick up a cheap spare from the pull and pay to test it out on. You have to get it just in the right spot. It's not hard to do though, not hard to do at all.

·
Dragon Slayer
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Here's a fun one I made. It's the extended oil pan I made. It's huge, almost double the capacity of stock. It built in trap doors all the way around the pick up tube.

This shows just how much larger than it is than stock.

1 - 20 of 154 Posts