Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up the new car today. '98 Eclipse GS-T, w/ 30k miles on the odometer. Got it for $15,000. It feels quite a bit faster then my old 3000GT. I still prefer the looks of the 3000GT, the Eclipse is more for my wife then me. It is fully loaded with the tan leather interior. Here are a few pics.....What do ya think?

·
1 slick Mothafu*ka
2,287 Posts
I like it!!
So why didn't you get an EVO instead?;)
Looks like someone took good care of your new car, are you planning on modding it?

·
Hot Damn, here I am!
2,684 Posts
That is nice dude. All clean and sharp looking. I really like the white, just make sure you mod the hell out of the car though :D

·
I'm HISPANIC dammit!
1,783 Posts
I miss my eclipse...

:(

·
Registered
223 Posts
Wow! Congrats. It's a beautiful looking car. '97's and up look the best in my opinion. If I was buying one thats what I'd go for. But, which is the best year for tunning? Just in case I ever decide to buy one of these gems. :D

·
Hot Damn, here I am!
2,684 Posts
100mphstealth said:

Good question. Why the GST and not say... a WRX?

YEAH REALLY?!?! :mad:

j/k dude

;)

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Green 3KGT said:

So why didn't you get an EVO instead?;)
I am only living in Europe while I am stationed in Germany. I will be coming back to the states in a few years.

And about the WRX...I am sure it is a great car but definately not for me....!

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
You know it's really annoying when people chant or cry about crank walk I've had two second gen dsms with over 100k on them with NO CRANK WALK it's a handful of them that have it just like the trannys in teh 3000GT's if you beat on them while ther modded of course your gonan fuck it up if he takes care of it regular matinence and doesn't abuse it beyond it's limits it'll be fine.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Kaji,

Like I said, it is mainly for my wife to drive so therefor any mods will be moderate. This car will be pretty much babied...

Any of you guys have experience with modifiying these cars for a lot of power? The GSX would be something that I would be interested in for myself when I get back to the US of A. Who knows what I will want by then. Money will not be much of a consideration since I will no longer be in the Air Force :D

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Speed_Demon said:
Thanks Kaji,

Like I said, it is mainly for my wife to drive so therefor any mods will be moderate. This car will be pretty much babied...

Any of you guys have experience with modifiying these cars for a lot of power? The GSX would be something that I would be interested in for myself when I get back to the US of A. Who knows what I will want by then. Money will not be much of a consideration since I will no longer be in the Air Force :D
Yeah what do you wanna know? I had a talon tsi awd pushing 347 hp with 353 ft trq... if done rigth stock internals are good up to 480-500 hp ;)

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
100mphstealth said:

Good question. Why the GST and not say... a WRX?
Besides being ugly? lol=P j/p maybe it was the weak drive train :)

·
Hot Damn, here I am!
2,684 Posts
Of the WRX?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I havn't really done any research yet. What are the weak points in the car?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Kaji said:

Besides being ugly?

That's mainly it....no offense Sorny, it's just not for me:)

·
Hot Damn, here I am!
2,684 Posts
That's cool :) To each his own. I'll have to say that it grows on ya though.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
wrx are known to have a weak drive train besides that it's an increable ar well with mods it is I've waxed 3 now over 80 mph races...but none the less cool car just I'd take the styling of the dsm+avaibilty of parts+low prices for a vast array of performance parts and ease of installion of these parts to the wrx

1 - 20 of 22 Posts