Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Resident Street Racer
5,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, on my other log, i was getting like 20+ counts of knock. found out my knock sensor was trashed. so i replaced it. car pulls MUCH better now. it actually pulls again in 2nd gear. but in third, it starts to knock again. it goes up to like 20 counts. why? my high fuel trim was 116% before i changed the knock sensor and now its around 103-6%. mid is 100% and low hovers around 90-105%. btw, this is a 90, fuel trims range from 80-120 if im not mistaken. why is it still knocking? i have 93 octane. will rewiring the fuel pump help any? btw, i haven't changed the fuel filter yet. another note, i went to emmissions, and my co2's were offf the charts. the standard is like .80 my cars reading was 7.80 or something, better then last time, it was like 15.6, what does this mean? my mas is not hacked or anything. currently im running stock boost, and have a cat on. i will post any additional information as needed. thanks.

·
More Than Meets the Eye
4,632 Posts
Depends on how much boost you're trying to run on pump.

·
More Than Meets the Eye
4,632 Posts
How old is the fuel filter?

Also check the vac hoses going to the fuel pressure regulator. If anything's tapped there (DSMs frequently put boost gauges there), be sure it has no leaks and isn't a long run of hose.

·
Resident Street Racer
5,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well, heres the story. the first day when i put on my new knock sensor, my high fuel trim was 101% mid 100% and low the same. 2 days later, i noticed that my high fuel trim rose to 103%, the next day it was 106%. Now today, i checked my fuel trims, now the damn thing is at 118%!! this is even higher then it was before i changed the knock sensor, what the hell is going on?? please help. gvr4, thanks for the info, i will change the fuel filter today.

·
Resident Street Racer
5,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
here is my log:
3700rpm

Knock: 17

Timing: 12 degrees

02: .94 volts the higher the leaner right??

inj p/w: 15.128 what is this supposed to be? ranges?

coolant temp: 197

02 trim: 99% what is this?

fuel trim high:118%

med:109%

low: 96%

·
More Than Meets the Eye
4,632 Posts
Your fuel trim won't be affected by knock. It is purely the relationship between the MAS sensor signal and the o2 voltages.

Perhaps your o2 sensor is old?

1g DSMs are very poor about flagging the CE light with a dead / dying o2.

·
perpetual college student
3,903 Posts
NOMIEZVR-4 said:
here is my log:
3700rpm

Knock: 17

Timing: 12 degrees

02: .94 volts the higher the leaner right??

the higher the richer

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.