Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Large Member
6,163 Posts
unfortunately there really isn't much you can do to the piece that's on the ES/base models. There actually are two housings for lightbulbs (which does kinda prove that on the Stealth and 3000GT, that piece is very similar.. just the Stealth's is a little "thicker" from top to bottom).. if you don't mind hacking away at it, you might could try to install some lights back there.. the entire unit itself is held together with some sort of epoxy, and it very difficult to disassemble..

so really.. the only thing you could do, is to either add some lettering (like Deathsled), or you could paint it.. or, get some "Niteshades" and black it out, along with your taillights. unless you feel adventurous and try to put some lights back there.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
on my r/t stealth i want to paint that piece that goes between the tail lights pearl white to match the same color as my car

has any one done this before

·
Registered
584 Posts
Yea I wanted to do the same thing on my R/T. I posted about it a few months ago but it didnt seem like anyone has gone through with it. I photoshopped it and it looks alright.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Jdawg82 said:
Yea I wanted to do the same thing on my R/T. I posted about it a few months ago but it didnt seem like anyone has gone through with it. I photoshopped it and it looks alright.
could you send one of those pics to me
[email protected]

·
Registered
189 Posts
What do you think of mine?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
that looks good
were you trying to sell those a while back?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Well yeah... but only mine (actually a trade). I guess I could do it as a service though? If there were an intrest.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I've often thought of doing something like that with mine. I was thinking that I could mask off two elongated ovals over each bulb in the back and then spray paint the rest body color. It would kind of have a C5-type look, at least in my mind it would look that way. Then i'd sand it down and put on some clear coat to make it look normal. What about that?

Paul

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
what kind of car do you have paul?
if you have a 3000gt i would ask and see if someone could photoshop it first. if you have a stealth it would not look good at all imo

·
Registered
227 Posts
Well, I have a stealth, but its not the R/T. I think the tail lights on mine look pretty similar to those on the 3kgt, so i don't know for sure. I'm thinking of going out today with some 1/4 inch masking tape and playing around to see if i can find something i like. If i do it, i'll take them off the car and use my paint gun and compressor to paint them so they have that normal finish on them. None of that rattle can stuff for me cause i want to do it right if i do it. Any suggestions, guys?

Paul

1 - 20 of 27 Posts