Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay, some of you may know this, but our very own CDD VR4 is getting hitched on Feb. 9, 2002. Although I'm sure he's very happy (as we all are) I thought it might be a good idea to see if we can pitch in to buy him a present for both him and his future wife, Candace.

And thinking about it, what better to get a 3/S freak with a VR-4 but a boost controller. So, I propose that we pitch in and buy Chris (and Candace:D) a boost controller. Yes, it will be for both of them ;) I brought this up with Chris he said "Yah that would go over as well as a lead balloon." So it's settled, we're getting them a boost controller. I'm looking into an Blitz S-SBC or HKS EVC-EZ at least. I'd like to get him an Apex-i AVC-R but I don't know how much we can scrape together.

SO, if you would like to join in on their wedding present please let me know and I will list your name below. I am also buying a card on my own and will put your name on the card as well. I think this is a REALLY COOL thing to do because with a wife he probably won't be allowed to have any more toys for a while:D So let's show some of that 3Si love and get something they will both cherish for years to come...blowing the doors off C5s:p

Donation List:
Hans Ertl (Hans91GT)/GZ Performance: Discount on purchase
Paul Dawson (me): $30.95
David Netter (Turbo Tension): $20
Peter Yaghi (Crazey): $15
Jason McFarland: $20
Steve3kgt: $25
NeoValentine: $5
Doug (MustangsSuck): $10

Total: $125.95 (50% of minimum goal!)

Also, if you would like to make an anonymous donation please let me know and I will total it as such.

UPDATE: Hans, CEO of Ground Zero Performance, is giving us a below-cost deal! He just offered the S-SBC for $250 shipped, just for this special occasion. I would like to personally thank Hans for the generous offer. Please check out his website: www.groundzeroperformance.com If you live in the New Jersey area please look him up for any parts or service needs.

·
Crazy Biscuit
2,464 Posts
I'll donate, where do i send the money?

·
Premium Member
2,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
You can send the money to me and I'll put it away towards purchase of the boost controller for Chris.

If you have Pay-Pal my account is: [email protected]

Otherwise if you'd like to write a check you can send it to:

Paul Dawson
305 Smith House
Illinois State University
Normal, IL 61761

I'll keep an updated list of our standing total and what we can get for Chris:cool:

Oh: I found I had $5.95 in my Pay-Pal account. I guess I'll toss that in the pool, too!

·
Registered
416 Posts
:( Awww , How nice !

I don't know about the whole C5 thing , but I will try .... :rolleyes:

Anyway , for those who don't know me and Candace . This is us .

This is a very generous thing to do for me , Paul . I'm giving you cuts in line ! ( inside joke about Candace's sister ) And you also just recieved a spot at our wedding . - Candace's idea .

Now all I have to do is decide which family member I have to give the boot to make room for you ....

·
Premium Member
2,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cdd vr-4 said:
Now all I have to do is decide which family member I have to give the boot to make room for you ....
:cool:Sweetness! I'll defenitely be there (gotta represent!)

BTW You better leave Cassie in there;) :D Supposedly mother-in-laws are bad (that's what they always say on TV at least), but I don't think Candace would allow for that kind of modification to your guest list:p If she's like Candace I don't guess you'll have any prolblems:)

·
Ultra Member
4,294 Posts
cdd vr-4 said:
:( Awww , How nice !

This is a very generous thing to do for me , Paul . I'm giving you cuts in line ! ( inside joke about Candace's sister ) And you also just recieved a spot at our wedding . - Candace's idea .

Now the truth comes out ;) :rolleyes: :D I knew Paul was nice .. but this is REAL NICE :p

·
Premium Member
2,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
JEEPers said:

Now the truth comes out ;) :rolleyes: :D I knew Paul was nice .. but this is REAL NICE :p
Thanks Frank, I'm touched:p

....now fork it over!;)

·
Ultra Member
4,294 Posts
TooFast4Radar said:

Thanks Frank, I'm touched:p

....now fork it over!;)
Sorry Paul ... I use chopsticks ... not forks ;) Let me see what is leftover after Hans gets my car back up and running. :D

·
Premium Member
2,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
JEEPers said:

Sorry Paul ... I use chopsticks ... not forks ;) Let me see what is leftover after Hans gets my car back up and running. :D
NOTE: You are not allowed to pull money from the fund, only add to it! I know how Hans runs that shop:cool: (j/k Hans)

Speaking of Hans, maybe he would like to add to this by giving an at-cost price on the controller of choice (and I promise to not release his prices if so decides to help us out).

·
Native
3,894 Posts
I'm good for $20. Paul, I'll give you the cash before break.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Dave , I think I might be able to boot some co-workers from the list . So there might be room for you too .

·
Premium Member
2,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Jason, thanks for the contribution:D It is much appreciated:cool:

We're almost 1/3 of the way to the S-SBC or 1/4 to an AVC-R!!!

·
3S Fan, Mustang Fanatic
217 Posts
TooFast4Radar said:
Jason, thanks for the contribution:D It is much appreciated:cool:
I just want a ride in it after it's installed. :)

Jason

·
Registered
416 Posts
Ride ? If this happens I will let you drive it . ;)

BTW : If anyone is bored , you can check out mine and Candace's engagement website here .

Thanks again , guys .

·
Registered
811 Posts
I'm in for $25, just gonna wait till Monday to send it out, see how much my current upgrades set me back.

·
Premium Member
2,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Steve3kgtVR4 said:
I'm in for $25, just gonna wait till Monday to send it out, see how much my current upgrades set me back.
Awesome:cool:

Thanks Steve, you put us past the 1/3 mark!!:p

·
Registered
82 Posts
CONGRADULATIONS!!!

Hey, congradulations guys, i hope you two enjoy sharing your lives with each other. Its great that a 3si member can get a girl that doesnt just want us for our cars :p , and congrats, she's a cute one;)

As for dontating, i'll see what i can do, i gotta wait till i get my car back togeather, high school and a part time job are a pain in the arse. but if anything, i'll do a last minute donation (they are getting married 5 days after my b-day).

and again, congradulations.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts