Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

Catch can or recirculate?

110 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Super C 
#1 ·
I got a hard pipe kit made for my supercharger, but decided to get one of those little filters instead of welding a nipple for the throw back line. Problem is, it looks lie I spray washed the interior of my car in motor oil. The first filter I bought leaked and eventually got soaked so I changed it out. But the new one seems seems to be just for show as oil literally steams out of it, even at idle. My question is, should I get the pipe modified and reconnect the hose like it originally did frm the factory (effectvely burning the oil), or should I get a catch can? Seems like with the first filter I spilled about half a quart of oil, and with the new one, I spilled out almost 3 full quarts! :eek: Any advice?

#3 ·
Really?!

I saw that exact same place somewhere for like 300+! Wtf? Where can I get one? Seems like alot of oil to mee to. Hmm. I noticed that the rubber intake I removed had a small amount of oil. The amount I'm kicking out is ridiculous though. If I reconnect it, will the pressure keep the oil in the plenum?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.