Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Unce unce
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My hood is pretty much crap thanks to the guy that had this car before me. I guess he drove down dirt roads a lot or something. Paint chips all over the hood. Now I'm trying to figure out if I should go with the carbon fiber hood or just get mine repainted. If I get the CF one it'll stay black on my green car for a good while. I don't know if the weight drop from just the hood is really going to do much so right now I'm kind of leaning towards repainting it, but that has another problem. It won't be exactly the same color. I had to replace my bumper and from certain angles it looks darker or lighter. I think it looks like the same color from directly in front of it. So is the CF hood worth it and can you use a car bra with it?

·
Ninja Performance
42,336 Posts
CF

·
Registered
671 Posts
Hmm not quite sure about the bra question. I bought one from Mitsu and the hood portion of it will not work on the cf hood (unless you drill your own holes under the hood so it will connect). But I also bought the cf hood to replace the bra lol. Hope that answered your question.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I would imagine they scratch just as easy, just harder to see with the cf pattern. Replacing the hood is easy but you might need somebody else to help hold the stock hood when your taking it off since it weighs about 65 pounds.

·
Banned
3,562 Posts
I'd look at the fiberglass hood from DN Performance if I were you. It weighs only slightly more than a carbon fiber one, but it costs typically $150-200 less than a carbon fiber. And for 2 lbs of extra weight, I'd rather have the money so I could afford to get it painted. Not to mention, it's the best design IMO.

·
Banned
3,562 Posts
Madrox, I'm fairly certain they have them for 94+ cars too, but you'd have to ask DN.

·
i am joe dirt
1,875 Posts
mugget said:
I would imagine they scratch just as easy, just harder to see with the cf pattern. Replacing the hood is easy but you might need somebody else to help hold the stock hood when your taking it off since it weighs about 65 pounds.
take this advice if you take any......i had to take mine off my my self and it wacked me in the head pretty good

1 - 15 of 15 Posts