Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Banned
48 Posts
Holy $3300 Batman! Love to see em.

I heard thru a little bird someone else in Colorado was having someone template carbon fiber doors also. :D Said persons car is 50% CF already.

BTW, someone needs to set up a meet.

·
Registered
893 Posts
oh saiba!!!!!!!!!!!! i guess you aint the only one in colorado with carbon fiber doors...according to dsupraman

·
JDM Slut
272 Posts

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
dang it oh well at any rate ill make jordon wish he had some.

plan-B first with ejector seat haha i win this round!!!

a meet would be nice its been a while

·
JDM Slut
272 Posts
jordans a hoe lmao

If we have the meet in feb I'll be happy.

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
dont be mad tara just because you see everybodys tt from the back

when i get all my parts ill donate my stock 9b setup to a charity. your N/A

at the meet in feb ill be waiting for the flatbed with grey gto to pull up

just kidding tara we love fixing your car at every meet all bring tools in feb

·
JDM Slut
272 Posts
uhm... 1. not jealous.
2. gt will never be turbo. he stays n/a.
3. my car is at every meet.
4. I'm just TAKING MY TIME finding a VR4, first gen '92-'93, in perfect shape with low miles, stock, with no rebuilds, treated well, and not. fucking. red. :) so bite me sir

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
yes plz not red my first one was red toooooooo many red ones for sale loyalty to the N/A nice oh a i love the shift knob by the way. i have to give you some shit ive been gone for awhile and yes your car is 1 of 30 in CO that runs

·
JDM Slut
272 Posts
amazing isnt it... i focus on reliable n/a. no speed. i beat 90% of the shit out here... then i just have Picco to smoke them XD

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
no never got them Brian's cheap lying ass took my money and tried to keep it but i got all of it back and now he's selling his ips single kit on 3sx cuz he needs money. il still get them just from else where and im working on my own carbon fiber parts now right mitsu im in the learning stages but not doing too bad i wanna do a rear bumper for the stealth guys because we dont have one that is "bolt on" and a 99 carbon front end but thats not for a long while so dont ask yet.(molds take time and i want them to be good not junk) hopefully not tooooo long and ill post when im getting close

·
Member in good standing
2,818 Posts
just ordered the pit road m carbon fiber doors set me back 3300 bucks and they take 6-8 weeks to get here when i get them ill post pics. first in CO with carbon doors yeah!! hatch next then hood. glad its tax time

does anybody have or seen the vls door kit from deftracing?
I have the door kit, but have not installed it yet.
Getting the car running agin is priority.

·
Banned
356 Posts
Jim... How the heck are ya? I never had a chance to see the hood you built. So what's new man?

Jeremy

·
Member in good standing
2,818 Posts
Jim... How the heck are ya? I never had a chance to see the hood you built. So what's new man?

Jeremy
Well, lets see.
I have survived cancer.
I'm trying to survive a heart condition (atrial fibrillation).
As you can tell aging is a bitch and I'm not doing it well.
I"m in a big push to get back in shape again to see if that will stabilize the heart rate.

The worst of it all is trying to get my VR4 running after nearly 5 years of sitting.
We are dropping the gas tank to flush it out before trying a restart.
I wasn't smart enough to put gas stabilizer in the gas.
Then again it wasn't supposed to take 5 years either.

I still have the metal prototype hood on the car and once it is running I'll have the Carbon Fiber or fiber glass version done.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hate to bring a year old thread back from the grave, even though last postings here were 4 months ago. Anywho, I myself was a mold builder for a few years, and am looking to get back into the business. I am looking to work with high end materials ( carbon fiber/ kevlar layered products mainly) and I'll keep you guys posted if I decide to make a set of carbon fiber doors. I feel there's alot to offer in our market, but facilities decide not to bring out products because of the complexity, and....well the scarcity of the demand. So instead of building for bulk, I am looking to build for quality.

On a personal note, $3300.00 for a set of doors seem high for a Carbon/Fiberglass assembly, which sounds to me they used resin for both the carbon and fiberglass, when Carbon needs epoxy.

Like I said, I'll keep you guys posted if I look into building parts again, and see how well the demand is for parts.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Well, lets see.
I have survived cancer.
I'm trying to survive a heart condition (atrial fibrillation).
As you can tell aging is a bitch and I'm not doing it well.
I"m in a big push to get back in shape again to see if that will stabilize the heart rate.

The worst of it all is trying to get my VR4 running after nearly 5 years of sitting.
We are dropping the gas tank to flush it out before trying a restart.
I wasn't smart enough to put gas stabilizer in the gas.
Then again it wasn't supposed to take 5 years either.

I still have the metal prototype hood on the car and once it is running I'll have the Carbon Fiber or fiber glass version done.

Do you have a photo of this hood you building, seems like alot of people know it and like it.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts