Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

101 - 120 of 208 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
If so from picture it appears to have 2 solid black wires going into a sleeve that also has wires running to the wiper motor
again, bad picture angle.. sorry. That oval connector does have 2 blacks going into a sleeve but they terminate 4 or so inches down from that sleeve. I can literally remove that entire connector and hold it in my hand. I just kinda guess that location its in because it fit and it has 2 identical wire below it that are also cut. They meet up perfectly

And no the second pic shows only what i can see from the top, those 2 wires poking out from somewhere underneath.

·
Registered
93 NA ATX 3000gt DOHC
2,635 Posts
again, bad picture angle.. sorry. That oval connector does have 2 blacks going into a sleeve but they terminate 4 or so inches down from that sleeve. I can literally remove that entire connector and hold it in my hand. I just kinda guess that location its in because it fit and it has 2 identical wire below it that are also cut. They meet up perfectly

And no the second pic shows only what i can see from the top, those 2 wires poking out from somewhere underneath.
But where do they terminate?.... That's part of the problem, I can't see the answer from where I'm setting. I've even looked at configuration section showing all connectors in that area for oval shape 2 pin connector (see examples at bottom of couple prints I posted) and viewed prints of different devices that might have a connector in that area (which is time consuming) and haven't come up with a possibly. It seems obvious the two cut wires that match up should be reconnected together, it would also be good information for me to know what they're connected to, in order for me to evaluate why they may have been cut in the first place, also the kind of thing I can't see from here.

Also wires poking out from somewhere doesn't offer much help. Me recommending reconnecting wires not knowing what they're coming from or where they're going would be reckless and more than likely cause more problems instead of help.

·
Registered
93 NA ATX 3000gt DOHC
2,635 Posts
I will get you this information after work today. I agree, you don't have much to work with and for that I apologize. It's been damn cold and wet here recently in Illinois.
Yeah, in that kind of weather I wouldn't want to be outside either. I will add I haven't noticed windshield washer reservoir neck in those pictures, if gone it might account for some loose wires. You might even have to remove battery and battery tray to get better view in that area.

·
Registered
688 Posts
yea it was posted, i felt a little overwhelmed by that electrical manual.I wasnt sure how to find the info i needed when i first looked at it, a quick search of "capacitor" didnt give e much. But on a postive note i found the ECS location!
Do you know what section i would need to look to find out what the 2 clips are connected to the right rad fan? 2 blue and white wires and one solid black
I've trained a lot of people in digital repair. It only seems that way. Send me a PM and I can do quick training. Or what the heck, highlight the sectional circuit for you.

But if you don't know how to read a circuit, everything is labeled and while it may seem confusing, if you find (as an example) the sensor you're looking for in the diagram, just use your finger to trace the wiring (because that's what those lines are) back to where it goes which will also be labeled. Diodes, resistors, pots, capacitors all have a symbol and value on the diagram. Once you have a cheatsheet with the symbols, it'll fall into place.

Believe me, I had to figure out a 1970 bell & howell baumfolder which was apparently designed by somebody's grandmother while she was drunk. I mean, what idiot would break up the same circuit in THREE different spots all while changing the wire traces in the middle? Try tracing that shit.

Here's some links to help out.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
Yeah, in that kind of weather I wouldn't want to be outside either. I will add I haven't noticed windshield washer reservoir neck in those pictures, if gone it might account for some loose wires. You might even have to remove battery and battery tray to get better view in that area.
battery tray is beyond rusted, its like the only thing that even has rust on it, i am soaking the nuts in some pb right now. I noticed 2 missing bolts (one of which was laying in the engine bay) i couldn't get it in one of the holes because it wasnt really lining up well due to shifting around. Its directly beneath the airbox connected to the intake hose deal

I know its very dirty but it was a lot worse!

·
Registered
93 NA ATX 3000gt DOHC
2,635 Posts
If I’m suppose to be looking at a wire here, the only thing I can see strange is what appears to be a 600v rated wire that I don’t understand why it’s there or where it ends up.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello! im new here and was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction. I just bought a 1993 dodge stealth R/T not running. It will not crank at all, i have lights on the dash but when i go to start it nothing happens. From what i could tell , the wires on the starter all look ok. I cant seem to see any grounding issues from the battery. Im 90% certain none of the fuses are bad and to clear some variables i jumped the starter relay, thinking maybe that was bad. Nothing. There is no starter click at all.
Could someone kindly point me in the right direction as i dont know a thing about these cars.
Thanks for your time
Did you check if its the alternator, I had to same issue replaced the alternator and it started back up and runs like a dream

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
If I’m suppose to be looking at a wire here, the only thing I can see strange is what appears to be a 600v rated wire that I don’t understand why it’s there or where it ends up.
This is a bracket of some sort, it has two holes that line up with 2 threaded holes below it, I found one of the bolts that go there but can't get it in

·
Registered
93 NA ATX 3000gt DOHC
2,635 Posts
This is a bracket of some sort, it has two holes that line up with 2 threaded holes below it, I found one of the bolts that go there but can't get it in
Sorry I don't recognize that bracket, but if there's other bolts (maybe higher up) you might be able to loosen those and bracket might shift enough that those 2 holes might lineup. If not could be the car was in a minor wreck and uni-body (sp?) inner wheel well portion was tweaked enough that holes will no longer lineup.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
Sorry I don't recognize that bracket, but if there's other bolts (maybe higher up) you might be able to loosen those and bracket might shift enough that those 2 holes might lineup. If not could be the car was in a minor wreck and uni-body (sp?) inner wheel well portion was tweaked enough that holes will no longer lineup.
haha i love this car... i origianlly bought a new starter and solenoid and the car started. I returned that stater and solenoid and just bought a solenoid (the old starter tested "good") and intalled new solenoid and its not starting now! lol...

·
Registered
93 NA ATX 3000gt DOHC
2,635 Posts
haha i love this car... i origianlly bought a new starter and solenoid and the car started. I returned that stater and solenoid and just bought a solenoid (the old starter tested "good") and intalled new solenoid and its not starting now! lol...
That would make me suspect the new solenoid was bad when purchased or you made some mistake when installing it. Because a good & correctly installed solenoid would at least click and push out bindex (making some noise), even if starter itself was bad and wouldn’t turn.

·
Registered
93 NA ATX 3000gt DOHC
2,635 Posts
Another thought just hit me, that if bendix is stuck to starter motor shaft. The solenoid can’t pull in, because it couldn’t move the stuck bendix out. When installing a new solenoid, I always first test the bendix operation by hand to make sure it moves out freely.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
Another thought just hit me, that if bendix is stuck to starter motor shaft. The solenoid can’t pull in, because it couldn’t move the stuck bendix out. When installing a new solenoid, I always first test the bendix operation by hand to make sure it moves out freely.
Im gonna do the test now that you had recommended to me. Managed to get it in the garage so the evil snow can leave me alone

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #116
First disconnect the battery.... Second, test the Bendix.

I know, I know. Nag nag nag like a broken record.....
youre gonna laugh.. this car doenst have a battery installed. Its setup for a side post kind of battery and all i have is a top post. Ive been running jumpers from my battery to the terminals that connect to original battery..😬

dont worry im very careful as to not cause a short

·
Registered
93 NA ATX 3000gt DOHC
2,635 Posts
Im gonna do the test now that you had recommended to me. Managed to get it in the garage so the evil snow can leave me alone
You’ll have to remove the solenoid to test bendix operation by hand. Just pull on same part the solenoid shaft would, it move out freely and bendix gear should move towards end of starter housing. It also should move in opposite direction freely. Since it slides on starter motor shaft, sometimes after sitting rust can stick it to shaft not allowing it to move.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
You’ll have to remove the solenoid to test bendix operation by hand. Just pull on same part the solenoid shaft would, it move out freely and bendix gear should move towards end of starter housing. It also should move in opposite direction freely. Since it slides on starter motor shaft, sometimes after sitting rust can stick it to shaft not allowing it to move.
its one thing after another, i cant get the solenoid screws out of the starter.. no idea why but its just breaking the screw heads

·
Registered
93 NA ATX 3000gt DOHC
2,635 Posts
its one thing after another, i cant get the solenoid screws out of the starter.. no idea why but its just breaking the screw heads
What??? this is on a solenoid you just installed? Did you force the screws in? Did you make sure the groove on end of solenoid was properly hooked in yoke of bendex pivot arm before thightening the solenoid screws?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
What??? this is on a solenoid you just installed? Did you force the screws in? Did you make sure the groove on end of solenoid was properly hooked in yoke of bendex pivot arm before thightening the solenoid screws?
yep the one i just installed. No clue why the screws are so weak now but it doesnt matter, I tested solenoid and starter separately off the car and they both function. When i had it installed before it was the original issue, no click. I know it was installed correctly before so tomorrow im gonna reinstall and double check all the wires.

Those two bolts i was asking about before? Motor mounts. I am missing one bolt and the other bolt is somewhere in my garage. Would the correct bolt size and pitch be listed in the service manual?

101 - 120 of 208 Posts