Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

Looking to get a car shipped from Tennessee to California, any recommendations that won't break the bank but reliable?

Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have shipped numerous Supras over the years with a guy named Mike, text me at 301-642-9354 and I’ll share his contact info with you. If you are just looking fir open transport, he has always provided me with competitive rates.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I found out the hard way that you get the service you pay for. The lowest bid will leave your car sitting until things are slow because no truck driver will want to drive to get it when they can go get another car for more money. So my advice is to not go with the lowest bid, but to go with the 2nd or 3rd lowest. Also, try to deal with a carrier who has their own trucks and drivers and not a 3rd party. Its important to ask whoever you call how they will do this, with their own truck or if they are a 3rd party. I think I ended up using Montway. Its also important to ask how your car will be picked up. If they say "95% of cars are picked up in 7-14 days" thats not good, because youll end up in the 5% that probably everyone else ends up in. Ask about guaranteed pick up dates.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have shipped numerous Supras over the years with a guy named Mike, text me at 301-642-9354 and I’ll share his contact info with you. If you are just looking fir open transport, he has always provided me with competitive rates.
Cool, does he have his own truck ans does he have both open and enclosed?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found out the hard way that you get the service you pay for. The lowest bid will leave your car sitting until things are slow because no truck driver will want to drive to get it when they can go get another car for more money. So my advice is to not go with the lowest bid, but to go with the 2nd or 3rd lowest. Also, try to deal with a carrier who has their own trucks and drivers and not a 3rd party. Its important to ask whoever you call how they will do this, with their own truck or if they are a 3rd party. I think I ended up using Montway. Its also important to ask how your car will be picked up. If they say "95% of cars are picked up in 7-14 days" thats not good, because youll end up in the 5% that probably everyone else ends up in. Ask about guaranteed pick up dates.
Thanks for the input, I'll keep it mind.

·
Super Moderator
21,272 Posts
I used Golden Key Express, a husband (driver) / wife (dispatcher) team and was really happy with it. Shipping my Stealth from Vermont to San Francisco open trailer and it was something like $1500.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I've used Don maybe 7 times and every time has been great. He only works with insured carriers and has great rates. He literally found a carrier to pick up a car in California 1.5 hours after I booked, a little bit of luck but he has a wide network. I wouldn't use anyone else!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts