Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, i finally got around to replacing the capacitors on my ecu since two of them started leaking pretty bad. before i had horrible acceleration problems when it was cold, stumbling when it was warm, and it took about 5 mins to start the thing at lunch when i had driven the car to work(bout 9 miles)

well, last night the car started right up. no problems. drove around, no stumbling or bad acceleration when it was cold either(hadnt driven it in 2 days, ecu was out for that long)
well, this morning it was fine too. then at lunch i go to start the car, and when i put the key in the on position(hadnt cranked it over yet) there was a pop. almost like a backfire. sounded like it came from the downpipe area. this really freaked me out. then it took me a good 3 mins just to get the car started, and once it started it sounded like it was running on 4 cylinders. i had to keep my foot on the gas to keep it running, and my A/F gauge showed very lean. about 2 mins later it started to richen up and the car sounded normal.
well, to make a long story short, i am getting really tired of this, and am almost to the point of buying new injectors/fuel pump and downpipe to see if it has any effect.
i was also wondering if it could have something to do with my fuel filter??

Any and all help would be GREATLY appreciated.

cheers,

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
24 views, no reply???

TTT

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
How much did the capacitators cost you? I'm having some stumbling problems in low RPMs and I know it's not spark because I just replaced the spark plugs with NGK copper about 1000 miles ago. I'm thinking it has something to do with fuel or computer, and I'm finishing a tuneup at the end of this month, with a new fuel filter so that may solve the problem. I want to know what my other options are for fixing the problem, though. Thanks!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
JOHN MONNIN

get them through him. 5 bucks a set. just do a search in the classifieds for his name and you should find his ecu capacitors for sale thread.

CAN ANYONE HELP!?!?!?!?

·
Registered
557 Posts
when was the last time you changed your plug wires,I had a similar problem and a new set fixed me right up to like new performance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts