Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Whats a Turbo?
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for a 3s, twin turbo.. ok i know where to find blue book value and stuff. this is prob. a dumb question.. but how much is a lil too cheap for one of these cars with around 100k miles on it?
also how high can you turn up the boost on all stock parts?

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I'm not sure I would spend less than about $7-8K, if you want a nice one, more like about $10K. It depends on what the condition is. I think you can boost up to 14psi on stock parts. Someone want to back me up on that?

·
Registered
422 Posts
You can boost up to 15 psi on stock parts .... but people have experienced knock at 13.5 others nothing at 15. It vary from a car to an other. Most people says that you can boost safely up to 14-14.5 psi

·
Whats a Turbo?
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ZorgBaf-
i saw in one of your other replys talking about a bleeder valve..
what the heck is that? ive heard of it but never heard what it is.. is that like something instead of a boost controller?

·
Registered
466 Posts
I bought my 91 VR4 a month or 2 ago... I bought it for $9000.... it's like 112000 miles on it... pretty good deal...but there are something that need to be fix though..... and I just changed my clutch... cost me labor and the clutch itself around $800 .... good ones are around $10,000 just like bios said....

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
yep dude your looking at an easy 10-12 grand for a good vr4/twin turbo. although if you want to do a bit of hany work yourself you can find one for cheaper.

·
Registered
422 Posts
quote from Beast :
------------------------
bleeder valve bleeds pressure out of the lines that go to
your wastegates to let more boost creep into the plenum.
------------------------
http://www.3si.org/vbb/showthread.php?threadid=51332

That can be anything that let some pressure escape, can be a 3$ aquarium gang valve from Walmart or a real MBC (more $$) but that's the same idea :

You fool your system to believe there is less boost than there is actually.

Make a search on bleeder valve, there are tons of posts about this.

Side note: also buy a boost gauge to avoid overboosting

1 - 7 of 7 Posts