Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I was at the track tonight and something weird starting happening. I made one pass just fine. However when I was running around right after it the car started acting very stranger. Under full boost the o2's would go nuts and the car would jerk. I have a pocketlogger and noticed the o2's and checked the TPS which showed WOT, but the 02 were dancing around very quickly and erractically. I am thinking the spark plug wires are the culprit but really don't know for sure.

Any ideas..

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Eric

I though of this too, but I just replaced them with all ngk about 2k miles ago. One other thing is that the missing only happens under full load. Meaning 100 % throtle and more than 8 PSI. Gets worse as the RPM's climb.

Eric do you know anybody in O-town that stocks wires for our cars ? Just in case that is the culprit .

Also hows the car ?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will take a look tommorrow hopefully. When I replaced them a couple of weeks ago I had them set to .32. So no one thinks the wires are is the issue ?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK. Here is an update to this ongoing issue.

I have replaced the wires and regapped the plugs to .31 or .30. I also cleaned the K & N and made sure the honeycombs were good. The car still breaks apart in the lower rpm band under WOT (with boost anywhere from 11 - 14 psi). It seems to start breaking apart as the car is building to full boost. However when I am already like halfway through a gear and then go WOT at around 4500 - 5K it works OK. Pocketlogger shows no knock and injectors look OK ( so it doesn't look like fuel cut).

Here are my current mods.

3 inch CB
y -pipe
AFC
supra pump
K & N

·
OG *** Member
2,742 Posts
Sounds stupid, but try tightening the throttle cable and see if that helps. [Worked for a guy I know with a similiar problem.]

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you mean the two screws on the manifold that attache the cable, I have already been there. Doesn't sound stupid to me.. Thanks for the thought anyway. It started doing this almost all of a sudden. After I got the AFC and supra pump it ran good for a week and then this started happening. At first it looked like the plugs that were at .39, then I changed it to 30 31. Got better for a little while and now it seems to happen more often. Almost getting worse.

·
1,280 Posts
What does your fuel pump voltage look like? Maybe the relay is not kicking over to the full voltage mode.

·
Registered
466 Posts
have u try to replace the plugs?..... it happend to my friend's car... even when he changed his plugs not long ago and that happends..... so he replace another set and it work fine....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts