Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Michiana 3/S Chapter Pres
3,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since it has gotten cold my car has started making this clicking sound when running, you can hear it inside the car towards the front of the car like in front in the middle behind where the stereo and what not is and it is noticeable outside too. It ticks quicker the faster i go. Any ideas on what this could be??

·
Just havin' fun!
1,151 Posts
Come to think of it, I did have a ticking a while back that would speed up as I would drive, but would stop when I would stop driving. The faster I went, the faster the ticking got. Turns out, I had bumped my trip gauge on the speedometer, and it was stuck between numbers!:p

·
I am the 1.85% =
2,362 Posts
Eeewwww, please check your ECU caps. I wouldn't want what happened to me to happen to you. I heave heard that a failing ECU will click. If it turns out like mine, it will short out, catch fire, and cause tons of damage. Better check that out. The description of where the sound is coming from is exactly where the ECU is located.

·
Just havin' fun!
1,151 Posts
BrianHag said:

It is due for an oil change, i am taking it in today, i am a couple 100 miles over the 3000 Mile mark :eek: Bad car owner

It still ticks when idle but its quicker as i speed up.
You'll need to go with a thinner oil if you've had thicker in during the summer. Mine will start to tick more the closer it gets for an oil change.

Hope it's not your ECU, that would suck for sure.

·
Michiana 3/S Chapter Pres
3,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well that link didn't work but sound is gone. Took it to a quick lube to have oil changed. They put some Penzoil TKO additive into it and no more ticking!!! They said it was the master cylinder?? But that seems to be some good stuff!! 10 bucks a can it better be.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.