Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Unknown 3000GT VR4 :**
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, so the plug problem is still there (until I find where I can get this plug connector thing : http://www.3si.org/portal/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=115140), and it can go loose anytime and the car will die, but at least its a plug and I can just push it back in and the car will start.

Yesterday I had a Boost gauge hooked up and they also disconnected something from the front turbo that has the boost adjusted, so basically with this off, the front turbo would boost as much as it could. (since my car was running REALLY SLOW)

Ok, so everything is done, and I start her up, sounds good. I rev it a bit and the gauge goes up to 0.5-0.6 bar.

I leave the place and drive with a friend to a straight, and launch her, i go WOT all through 1st, 2nd and the boost is climbing.. I make 3rd gear and just as im starting 3rd, and the boost is at 0.6, the car just dies... (AGAIN, i know.. my car sux), so i let her roll to the end and then I try start her up. Nothing... so I'm thinking, ok.. its the plug thingy that got loose, but it wasnt.

I tried disconnecting the battery for a min and reconnectin, so that the ecu re learns the air curve... but nothing.
1 1/2 Hours later, and problem not found.. I called a flat bed tow truck, and dumped the car at my mechanic. When we got there, I tried to start her up just to check (you never know, right?) and the car starts! but after 2 seconds dies...

Today I went to see what was up, and he managed to start her up, and I'm getting a really ROUGH idle. I changed 2 Gaskets? (I think thats what its called) the front and back turbo ones.

Now, what could the problem be? since most people down here don't know a whole lot about 3000GTs... I want to see if I can get some info and maybe work with the mechanic to find out whats wrong. I know whatever is wrong was caused because of the boost, cause the car had never felt like it did yesterday, if it was doing 0.6 then the most it was doing before was 0.4 AT MOST (something like 5psi or i dunno), and thats why i felt so slow and a CRX would beat me from a roll till 3rd when I would SLOWLY start pulling....

Sorry for such a long msg, I hope someone can help me out with this. thanx!

·
Lord of Eagle's Reach
1,511 Posts
i'm going to guess a vacuum leak or popped intercooler hose or a popped y-pipe... start there. 0.6 bar??? with those mods? did you do the mods yourself?
Matt

·
Lord of Eagle's Reach
1,511 Posts
that's right, you're the guy with the jumpy tach... now i am thinking ECU again - sorry, but have the damn thing tested so it can be eliminated from the guessing process.
Matt

·
Unknown 3000GT VR4 :**
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, tommorow its on its way to a friend who has another 3000gt and a mechanic shop. Its hard to find people who know the car down here and the ones who do know charge WAY too much. Just wanted to have an idea so I could tell him and maybe know where to look.

He says I prob overboosted and messed some stuff up. Oh well. I'll post when I know something for sure.

Thanx.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.