Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
chunsangp
3,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, once in awhile, my car doesn't start like many people. Just click, click, but no crank. This happened to me again this morning.
So I let my car sit for few hours and then I started to fire up and everything came back normal. So I let my car idle for like 10 minutes and I wanted to set my timer for another 10 minutes so my car can idle bit more. So I looked up my turbo timer to push some buttons but what do I see????? Display light is on but no letter or number (empty display):confused: :confused: It doesn't turn off or nothing........ Even when I take off the key, lights are still on.

I had to go out to downtown to buy something and I came back home like 5 hours later and again, I checked my turbo timer to see if the light is turned off but it's STILL ON!!!!!! It doesn't functioning. All I see is letter/numberless display with light on.:mad:
What could be wrong? Can someone help me with this issue??????
If that thingy doesn't turn off, will my battery die???

Thanx

·
Here Alot
2,366 Posts
I guess your starting problem might be related to the turbo timer? I am guessing your turbo timer is bad. If you timer turbo can't turn off the car.. it must something wrong with it or check the connection. If your turbo timer lights on but car is not on.. it will drain your battery .. kinda like leaving your interior light on all night and day

·
chunsangp
3,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Shit, I gotta check all the turbo timer connections. Thanx for advise though:)

Now, I reset my ECU and my turbo timer turned out to normal now:D
But does anybody know why exactly that happened?

·
chunsangp
3,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Now my car takes like 2 seconds to start up. I guess my alternator is going bad. Everytime I try to fire her up, my turbo timer displays broken number/letter:confused: And when I turn the key off, turbo timer starts to count down but engine just shut off as soon as I turn off the key:(
The turbo timer's connection is fine and it worked PERFECT until start up started to act funny.

Can anybody give me help here?

·
Here Alot
2,366 Posts
can you still drive your car? If so, you can get to autozone or advance auto parts. They can test the alternator, battery and starter for free.

If you can't drive the car, i would suggest you go to wal mart and pick up a brand new battery. Hook it up to your car and see if that is working better or not.. if it does work better than before.. then is your battery. If the battery die after few hours or so even if you drive around .. that means your alternator is not charging the new battery.. then go refund it at wal mart. Jeff's got instruction on his site changing alternator

Also, don't disconnect your battery cable while the car is running. Many people suggested that to test the alternator but I would say don't do it cause you will take a chance to short out your ECU. Trust me I know

·
chunsangp
3,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanx for your advice again:)

My car is absolutely drivable. The only hard time that I have is START UP. It doesn't have problem with crank, but it takes a while to start up like eeing~eeing~eeing vroom~

So I'm assuming it's the alternator going bad.
I don't want to drive my car out cuz I'm afraid if car don't start up:(

But I don't know why my turbo timer is acting funny??

·
Here Alot
2,366 Posts
chunsangp said:
Thanx for your advice again:)

My car is absolutely drivable. The only hard time that I have is START UP. It doesn't have problem with crank, but it takes a while to start up like eeing~eeing~eeing vroom~

So I'm assuming it's the alternator going bad.
I don't want to drive my car out cuz I'm afraid if car don't start up:(

But I don't know why my turbo timer is acting funny??
how long has been doing that? If a while, I don't think it sounds like your alternator but I could be wrong. The best way is take your car and get them test it out your alternator and battery.. also it could be starter. I know advance auto parts will test out all those for you at no charge.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.