Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have recommendations on good car covers? This would be for the San Franscisco area, so mainly dealing with light rain and lots of direct sun, as well as tree sap and leaves.

-bk2w

·
Registered
4,503 Posts
No, but two things to watch out for:

(1) A loose cover flapping in the wind will rub the paint off your car. As it did for the guy who parked his Rabbit at my house one winter.

(2) When I was in Daytona for Bike Week, every bit of unpainted metal on my bike started to rust within two days of arriving by the ocean. Is it possible that slapping a cover over your car in San Francisco will have the same effect? (I know that the Hot Rod Magazine tips for storing a car mentioned this possibility).

·
Badassical Baddage
6,535 Posts
Costco and sometimes Sam's Club has Wolf car covers on sale. They are great, I've got the one that's made to fit the 3/S and it fits almost perfect. Real tight fit and I've never had to worry about it blowing off (never gets too windy anyway). It has reinforced tie down holes and breathes excellent. It's been through heavy rain and dew and you can take the coer off to a perfectly dry car, or cover the car with some dew on it and come out to a prefectly dry car :)

·
Peace Love Unity Respect
491 Posts
What about a tent for a car? So that you can put the whole car under the cover. Is it possible to get it?

I am seriously thinking about this. The winter is preety close and I need some good protection for my car.

·
Badassical Baddage
6,535 Posts
Even with a tent dew still creeps its way onto the car...

They have those at Costco as well ;)

·
Peace Love Unity Respect
491 Posts
Yeah I am aware that dew will still come in, but it is still better if the whole car is under the cover in my opinion.

Perhaps I should buy a tent and put inside an electrical radiator LOL :)

Is there any online shop where I can check out those tents? I have checked at costco.com but they don`t have them.

Luke

·
Registered
310 Posts
I live in San Francisco and I have had my car cover by CoverKing for years. Works great for me. You can look up their custom covers at www.coverking.com for all the info, but I actually bought it at www.carparts.com because they have better prices.

I think the model I got was called "Weathershield", but I don't see it anymore. It is black, water resistant (no cover is waterproof for breezability purposes) and is thin which makes it easy to fold up to a reasonable size in the trunk. I find that the thick ones are too bulky to fold.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.