Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where I can get a carcover for a 94 stealth TT that has the fitted mirrors.

I had a covercraft before but it had straight sides --- and the mirrors pushed it out so that it didn't cover the sides too well.

Manufacturer ?

Thanks,

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, but I'd rather not have to fold them in all the time --

My buddy had a 300zx and his car cover had fitted mirrors ... It looked pretty sweet --

·
Registered
4,503 Posts
I've spent a few winters in Ontario myself, and I can tell you from experience (fortunately, somebody else's experience) that parking a car outdoors with a car cover on it for the winter is a bad idea, because the blowing wind will flap the cover against the car, and it will rub the paint off where it touches.

If you're going to put a cover on your car, then keep the car indoors out of the wind. And, of course, if you can keep your car indoors, then you don't need a cover. D'oh!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I actually do store the car in doors , but I find that it gets awful dusty due to nearby home construction, so thats where my concern comes from.

We also have a place at the beach so the car is there quite often on the weekends. The rain bugs and sand play havok on the wax job so the cover would really help up there as well. I wouldn't have to wash it every morning before going down to the beach, my wife hates when I do that.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL !!!

Yeah I know -- Our cottage is in Wildwood Beach Resort at Sherkston Shores.

Nice place to party - - And cruisin up and down the beach in the Stealth is kinda fun too

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I have a Covercraft for my 94 VR4 and it does have pockets for the mirrors. It is considered a custom cover because it is model specific.

It fits extremely well and doesn't seem effected by even high winds. I only use it occasionally when I have to leave the car at the airport. I wouldn't recommend putting it on a dirty car. Mine is made from the Technalon/Blockit/Evolution 4 material which is the heavy stuff designed to handle weather and the occasional door being hit against it (why I bought it- to protect from other drivers at the airport).

Covercrafts website -www.covercraft.com shows they do make a custom cover for the 94 stealth TT.

Chris
1994 VR4

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cool ---

Thanks very much. My car thanks you from the bottom of her oil pan.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts