Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
peopleofwalmart.com
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 15" sub and I like to turn it up, but I constantly have to play with the bass and fader to keep from causing my front and rear speakers from distorting.
The rear 6x9's are new pioneer 4ways.
The fronts are a couple years old and pioneers.
They are ran off a Kenwood deck's amp.
So, I know I need some little caps to block the bass.
Any suggestion on the right size and type.
I searched, but didn't find the answer.
Basically, I am going to go down to Radio Shack, what do I tell them I want????

·
Official Gathering Ghost
1,848 Posts
I'm not sure what your asking, I got that your trying to take the bass out of your speakers? And just let the sub provide bass?

If so, Crutchfield (I think) sells a product that you just put in the speaker line right before each speaker and it doesn't let any bass get tot he speakers....they are like 2 bucks each or something....

·
Now with 100% more meth
2,704 Posts
they are 10bucks a set and they make your speakers sound crappy. id put them on the rear or whatever speakers normally dont make the most sound. then set the bass at your deck lower and raise the amps gains slightly. carefull not to clip the signal.

·
Now with 100% more meth
2,704 Posts
forgot. their called "bass blockers" at crutchfield and "bass stoppers"at parts express. dont think radio shack sells them specifically for car audio. you want 150hz for 6x9s and 300hz for 5.5s and 600hz for smaller yet. And make sure they say 150hz at 4ohms, assuming your speakers are all 4ohm.

·
peopleofwalmart.com
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I guess I should have clarified.
Yeah bass-blockers are $10-12 for basically a $1-2 capacitor.
I wanted to know what size cap and what kind.
I found a website that had a table for the size of the cap.
Now I just need to know what kind of capacitor.
Maybe I'll just hit Radio Shack tomorrow and ask them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts