Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
4,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the front drivers side there is a steering arm that connects to the hub (I think?) it controlls the steering of the car... well any way there is a boot on this arm and mine is ripped and I cant seem to find it in the caps program.. if you look through the wheel well it is behind or to the right of the axle... any help would be appreciated I am guessing I just take the trailing arm thing off (where it connects to the hub) and then slide the boot off replace it and pack it with grease?) also how do I get it back on without messing up the alignment or is this possible? should I just plan on taking it to get it aligned afterward?

·
Aghhhh
9,731 Posts
Honestly, you should just replace the tie rod ends since you have the steering apart. You WILL need an alignment afterward though. I only paid $60 at Conicelli (25% discounts rule :D ) for mine. If you still want just the boot though, the part number is MB573129.

(Hint: Try looking at diagram 37-050, page 2 :) )

I'll also get that airbox out by the end of the week if I can.

·
vehicular thaumaturgist
8,289 Posts
On a similar subject, does anyone know about replacing CV joint boots? Mine aren't ripped, but they're getting there. I'd like to perform some preventative maintainence and take care of them before I have an expensive problem.

Anyone?

thanks,
-Chris Wood

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Hey Bryan,

I actually bought both the tie-rod boots and the ball joint boots. I found the tie-rod boots impossible to get on, but the ball joint ones were easy. I got replacement tie-rods from Pep-boys for $40 total - they were new and Moog I believe (although still no zirk fitting). How are you doing with getting parts for everything - you can just drop me an e-mail when you get a chance. Sorry if I tore that boot when we separated the steering stuff.
Rick

·
Banned
9,895 Posts
the new OEM ones for the twin turbo have a zurk fitting :)

Chris for 90-92.5 manufacturing dates, the boot kit numbers are MB526400 (BJ boot, wheel side) and MB837340 (TJ boot, diff side)

·
4,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have pretty much everything ordered... everything in my sig is payed for and here or on its way... I am just waiting for parts... I also pulled my trans apart today and am waiting for help from frank to check my 2nd gear synchro as I think it is going out...

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Thanks Hans - I wish I had known about the new OEM ones - but I thought it would be as easy or hard to install the boots on my old ones which aren't very worn. If I need the zirk fittings, I'll just do what we used to do for balljoints - drill, tap, and install fitting.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts