Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the deal on transmission parts for these cars. I have a 92 Stealth RT/TT and my transfer case needs changing. Also, the shaft coming out of transmission is stripped and needs changing but Mits won't sell parts separately, only complete transaxle. $3028.00 with my old one plus $1040.00 for transfer case. Can't get parts for that either. Any suggestions?

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I believe there are parts available from Kormex for these trannies. I've seen posts regarding this, but can't tell you who to talk to. I expect someone will reply to this helping you out.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Try:

1. Kormex at 800-429-5464
2. Southern Gear at 770-435-1461
3. GTR Motorsports...e-mail Max Mayants at [email protected] don't have a phone number
4. MD Auto in California...once again, no number OR e-mail

Southern Gear and MD Auto sell rebuilds only, but I believe their prices are cheaper than Mitsu. GTR MAY sell parts...I don't know for sure, or what the status of the company is. Kormex sells rebuilds, and may sell parts.

Another thing you may want to try is to complain, complain, and complain....I BELIEVE (and I would like to stress the word believe..I don't know for certain) that there may be a hidden warranty repair available on the Getrag. If there is, you won't get it for free, but you may get it at a much lower cost...like about $1500 lower.

Good Luck,

Bill Wagner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts