Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1992 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin Turbo
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I'll be installing a dual stage MBC soon and will be deleting the wastegate solenoid. If I can also delete the solenoid circled in that picture I will be able to easily mount the controller to the firewall where the two solenoids used to be. I searched around and to the best of my knowledge that is the EGR solenoid, right? I've already deleted my EGR so would it be ok to just delete that solenoid all together, or is it tied in to anything else?

·
SDSU Alumnus
3,197 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, you will okay deleting it if everything else is already gone. Vacuum-wise, you may want to consult a diagram to help consolidate unless you also did the complete reduction.

For reference (Stealth316 again):
Free Boost Modification for the 1991-1993 Mitsubishi 3000GT and Dodge Stealth << images at bottom

-sent from my Galaxy Note 9
According to the diagrams, it looks like the EVAP system is tapped into the lines for that EGR solenoid. I'd like to retain my EVAP system for now. I can't tell if the EVAP is supplying the EGR with vacuum or being supplied by it.

·
SDSU Alumnus
3,197 Posts
Glad you caught that as it was implied with my post ? I want to say that the former is true (supplying) but will have to verify later unless someone else chimes in first.

-sent from my Galaxy Note 9

·
Registered
1993 3000GT VR4
2,121 Posts
The EVAP and EGR systems share vacuum supply lines. You can safely delete the EGR and retain the EVAP system. Pages 17-52 and 17-45 in the FSM should help you see what T fittings need to be capped/changed to delete EGR while keeping EVAP.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The EVAP and EGR systems share vacuum supply lines. You can safely delete the EGR and retain the EVAP system. Pages 17-52 and 17-45 in the FSM should help you see what T fittings need to be capped/changed to delete EGR while keeping EVAP.
FSM? The service manual I assume? I'll take a look, thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts